Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cheesecake Recipe and New Kitchen Window Display

Hi Girls,

Since so many of you were interested in this delicious cheesecake recipe, I decided to post it this evening, along with a picture of my new kitchen window curtains and display, just because......


Tricia's Cheesecake Recipe

40 Nilla Wafers crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
3 Tbsp. butter or margerine (melted)
4 packages (8 oz.) Philidelphia Cream Cheese (softened,divided)
1 cup sugar ( divided)
1 Tbsp. + 1 Tsp. Vanilla (divided)
1 tub 8 oz. cool whip (thawed)
3 large eggs

Heat oven to 325.F
Mix wafer crumbs and butter together, press onto bottom of 9" baking pie pan.
Beat 3 packages cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 Tbsp. vanilla, mix until blended well, add eggs one at a time , mixing on low speed after each, just until blended. Then pour over crust.  Now, you bake 50-55 mins until center is almost set.  Cool completely in pan after removing from oven. 

Beat remaining cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with mixer in a large bowl until blended well.  Wisk in cool whip. Do not over mix, fold.

Spread over cheese cake, refrigerate for 4 hours.

We put our own homemade blueberry topping, but you can add any topping you desire.

Makes 16 servings(unless you really like it)
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time 6 hours, 15 mins.

ENJOY EVERY BITE

Now girls,

I have a surprise for you!!  I decided to change my kitchen curtains and make a new dispaly in one of our kitchen windows.  I feel that it is colonial/prim at the same time.  I love it so much that I keep going into the kitchen just to look at it.  Silly me...  Please give me your honest opinions, and let me know.  I would love for you to comment on your thoughts, just in case I should tweek it.

Here is my New Display Below


Monday morning, we will be at the Boston Marathon, as it starts here in town.  Mr. Hillcrest has VIP passes for the starting line for our whole family, which he gets every year.  Our friend Teddy Bruschi, who was a New England Patriots Linebacker now retired, will be sitting with us in the stands, as well as some other Hollywood bigshots who will be running.  I hope they all show up, I know I will.  I am just so excited, and will be posting the adventure this week with LOTS of pics.

Until next time,

Love to all my Prims,

Blessings,

Tricia

P.S. Try the cheesecake and let me know how you like it.

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe, sure looks scrumptious, you window is primtastic!!
    Blessings,
    ~Ronda~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to trying the recipe. I love your curtians. It looks so nice with the punched tin light hanging. Tweaking is so much fun that you won't be able to resistbut it looks great just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Makes 16 servings (unless you really like it) - oh, I love that!! It would be a true miracle if I got 16 servings out of this divine recipe in my home!!
    Your curtains and display is so alluring...no tweaking necessary!!
    OMG....Teddy Bruschi (be still my heart!)... devoted Patriots fan here in RI! Have a great time Tricia. ~.~
    P.S. Is there any update as to the coverlet table squares you mentioned ordering for your new store? Seeing your own on your table in your previous post makes me realize how anxious I am to getting one for mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-O-K on your kitchen window deco. I'm always looking to change mine around for a better look, oh boy =] Enjoy the marathon! Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tricia I love the new curtains ! Your tin light is gorgeous my girl . I can not wait to try the recipe out ,once I have time ,yummy ! What is hanging on the side of your cabinets ? Love the look of the drieds too .Have a blast at the marathon and remember your camera. Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the wonderful recipe Tricia...I saw it on your Easter table and it looked so good.

    Wow, what a fun even to have tickets for...take pictures please.

    LOOOOOOVE YOUR KITCHEN WINDOW DISPLAY...leave it as it is...beautiful.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect!!! don't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the window!! It looks so prim!!:0) Now I see in the directions it says to add the eggs but you don't list how many to use!!:0) Can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheesecake looks awesome and love the window treatment.. Looks very vignette.
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your kitchen display..are those tobacco cloth curtains? love them...and the cheese cake looks yummy... will have to copy it and try it..have a lot of fun tomorrow and take pictures if you can..;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cheesecake recipe sounds irresistible - just when I am trying to behave myself too! Your kitchen window is wonderful. I love the tin light and the hanging dried flowers. I wouldn't change a thing. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your new kitchen window display! I do the same thing when I have a new display that I absolutely love...it's just a prim thing I guess=)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with the other ladies, your window looks terrific! Really love the curtain and that tin light, wow! Love it how it is. Thanks for the recipe too. Have a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the recipe. I am adding it to my files right now. I don't liek graham cracker crusts so this is even better!

    Love the new window display.

    How fun you will get to sit with teddy! You lucky girl - I hope you get pics! WOOHOO! Sounds like the rain will move out by then so it should be a great day for the race - clouds but dry! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think your display is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy the marathon you lucky duck! I watched snippets today. Very cozy display. Makes me want to have some tea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Tricia! Just wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting my blog...Oakleaf Hollow Primitives. I love your Prim window! We are redoing the living room, so I need lots of *Primspiration!* :)
    Nice to meet you!
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your window display and curtains looks great Tricia!!

    Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with all of us...just looking at it makes my mouth water!! LOL

    Rox

    ReplyDelete