Monday, August 16, 2010

Blueberries and My First Firkin

Good morning my Prims. This morning I woke up to some rain but it is warm and going to be like that all week the weather channel said. The weekend here in Mass. was just beautiful weather, alittle cooler which was fine by me.

Mr. Hillcrest and I went blueberry picking to make our blueberry jam and blueberry pie that we make each year. We went to the Big Apple, this is were we go apple picking and our hayrides which I love. Here is a picture of Mr. Hillcrest looking for the best blueberry bush to pick from. He doesn't know I took this picture, SSSSSHHHHHHH!

 Here are some more pictures of the blueberries that we pick, by the end of the picking we had 2 full containers!

Okay Mr. Hillcrest wanted to take a picture of me picking blueberries but I DON'T like my picture taken and he knows this he DOES'T either so when he wasn't looking I got a picture of him.

Here is the Big Apple. They also make apple pies, peach pies and blueberry pies. They also make there own jams and apple butter. One whole wall is full of different jams and salad dressings etc. Here is a picture of the inside:

Here is a few more pictures of the inside:

You can see on the top beam the corn they have hanging ready to decorate for the fall. I can't wait to start to decorate for the fall time!

They also have some prim items, but not for sale!

Now, I saved the best for last. Yesterday we took a ride and I found my FIRST firkin, Yes my FIRST and the price was right. Only $10.00 and when the gentleman said that I grabbed it so fast and said SOLD!!!!

I am going to be on the look out for more and different sizes of course. I would like 2 or 3 more so I can stack them. I love the look of them in the books and magazines that I see them in!
Here is a picture of my FIRST firkin!!!

There she is. Isn't she a beauty, I think so. I am so thrilled with it and the price !

And another picture. So, that was my weekend and we had a great time. I started to look through all my fall decorations and alot of people say its to early or to late to decorate but I realize something who gives a HAY when you decorate for any holiday. There is NO rule book, I beleive that its your home and what is important is what your family feels and likes. Like I start to decorate for Christmas in  Nov, Yep I do and you all know I LOVE Christmas and same with my family, just like fall. My family and I love the warmth of the colors ect. So I decided to start to put a few pumpkins out, I am in no rush to decorate my whole house but just to start.

I feel that the Holiday's go by so fast and people are in such a rush I just want to decorate and sit back and enjoy the Holiday's because it does go by fast.

So that is all for know, I did win a giveaway and I can't wait to post it. I won!!
I am so excited so when I get my package I am posting for ALL to see.

Till next time Prims, stop and smell the flowers and enjoy every mintue of everyday!

Blessings,
Tricia

14 comments:

  1. Hi Tricia! Those blueberries look yummy! The pics of you and your hubby are adorable. You are such a cutie and look so young!
    Congrats on the firkin! It looks like a nice one. I love them too, but don't have any. When I find them, the prices are just too high, even for the non-antique ones!
    I also agree about the "no rules" for decorating. We all have to do what we feel is best for us & our families.
    That being said, I am soooooooo looking forward to Fall! It's my favorite!
    Have a great week!
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning Tricia.I love the firkin what a great deal.i have yet to find any myself.i totally agree with u about decorating early.i think im gonna satrat this week.i love christmas so much that as soon as halloween is over i put out christmas stuff.the neighbors laugh at me and ask what about thanksgiving.i told them i dont have any thanksgiving decorations so its straight to christmas.lol.have a great week and enjoy making your pie.blessings michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning. Just wanted to thank you again for my wonderful giveaway! I left a comment on your last post, plus put pictures on my blog. What a luck find on that firkin! I'm on the hunt too, but most of them I've seen are well over $100. Yup, I was looking at some of my fall pumpkins yesterday too. Maybe after I get back from Ohio I'll start putting them out. Have a great week, and thanks again. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous firkin! Way to go!
    I feel the same way about decorating...I like to do it a bit earlier so I can sit back and relax and enjoy it. These next holidays come by so quick and close together we don't get to just enjoy each one, they just rush into each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tricia, your firkin looks great! And guess what?....I got my very first firkin this weekend too~!!!! :) Isn't that funny....I too want a few more to stack, but I do love my very first one. I am ready to decorate for fall too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tricia!

    You and hubby do make a cute couple! I don't like my picture taken either! Blueberries are my hubby's favorite...blueberry anything! I like them too....but love lemon anything!

    Way to go on the firkin!!!! Awesome price.....I am looking for one or two okay probably like 3 or 4 LOL! I never see them and I'm sure that I would never see them for $10.00 around my way!

    You are right about the decorating....do what you like when you like!

    Oh and by the way I love that you have the countdown to Christmas on your sidebar....it reminds me to save my money because it's closing in on us!

    Have a great day!

    Luv ya,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowowowow!! Your first firkin is a real treasure!! what a great looking one with anwonderful patina. You done good!!

    What town is the Big Apple in? it looks like a great spot for a fall trip!!

    I still can taste your delicious blueberry preserves. Yommo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome firkin!! I bought one this summer much smaller and it was $45!!! Way to go! :)
    The blueberries look wonderful, we are going this week to pick huckleberries. They grow higher up in the mountains and are 'similar' to blueberries but much more flavorful. Love this time of year! :)
    I'm getting ready to decorate too...when we got up this morning I said to my DH how it feels like fall. Sorry to see summer go and don't look forward to winter but LOVE fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Tricia, you dropped on just right with the firkin, what a bargain!! And it is a great size idea for starting your stack off with.

    It has taken me a fair few years to gather the firkins I have, all of which I had to get from America, there isn't a hope of getting one here in the UK. Over time I am sure you will find just the right ones to compliment your first.

    Have a great week,
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. GIRL!!!!! I can't believe you only paid $10.00 for that firkin!!!! It is absolutely gorgeous!!! I LOVE it the patina on it is perfect. You're not going to paint it are you? I love blueberries too I wish we had some where local that I could pick fresh ones. Glad ya'll had such fun day. Oh by the way did you get your hair cut? I can't wait to see what you won.

    Hugs,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems you and your family are always doing FUN THINGS TOGETHER..I love that! Not enough of it in this fast paced world.
    Oh I see hubby got a great photo of you! Very nice.

    We would pick wild blueberries when we went to Canada fishing every summer and fed on them for the week! Blueberries in everything.

    WONDERFUL FIRKIN....wish you could have seen the one's at IN GRANDMA'S ATTIC on Friday!!!! You would have walked away with the remainder of what you wanted for your collection that's for sure.

    Oh I'm sooooo ready for the cool weather and want to start getting out my darker, Fall colors - sick of soft colors!
    And it gives me the urge to redecorate too!

    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tricia:
    Thanks so much for following my blog and the very kind comment you left....I have meet the nicest people in blog land....I'm super happy to find you to follow..
    Have a great day, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I/ we love the blueberries, too. Blueberry syrup, blueberry pancakes/waffles, blueberry pie/cheesecake/muffins--Mmmmmm.......
    I absolutely love your bargain firkin. None of mine are real-just ice buckets, cookie buckets and real sugar buckets.....*sigh* You are so lucky!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tricia, looks like you sure had fun blueberry picking. Bet you made some yummy things with them. I just LOVE your firkin, it is just perfect. What a deal you got. I am working on a stack too. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete