Hi My friends,
Today is August 5th the day that I draw the name of the surprise giveaway!!!
As you all know this giveaway is for a special friend that is no longer with us but we believe she is our Angel, It is 8 years today that she went home to be with the Lord! We love and miss you very much..... With that said the lucky gal is:
HOLLY HILLS PRIMITIVES,WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Dawn could you go to my selling blog and email me there your information and I will send you out your giveaway!!
Okay something not prim, well let me show you what I got Monday!
Yes, A new car. This is the story. I had a Mini Van for years because of the kids, then I got a Dodge Commander Jeep fully loaded and had it for about 3 yrs. and guess what happend the gas prices hit sky high almost $5.00 a gallon, crazy I know. So, because I drive our youngest to school and all the clubs he is in we went to bought a Ford Fusion, had everything the only reason why I liked the car was the gas tank, other than that I had to tell Mr. Hillcrest OH I love it, but he knew I didn't, what we do for our children!!! Well, we went back to Dodge and bought the car Saturday and picked it up Monday WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!! I also had my camera with me so of course I took pictures, I love it so much black leather inside,heated seats, fully loaded but I have something I NEVER had you push a button on the key chain in your home and the car starts up can you believe that one!!!!! I am NOT HAPPY gal at all can you tell!
I just LOVE,LOVE it! Now, I have to show you what our oldest son is working on. He also has a Jeep that he bought himself, but I had a 1981 camaro,YES I drove that and it was a beautiful car, but after having our first son we kept the camaro and bought a Mini Van, so it sat in storage for awhile and Steven is know fixing it up and is going to have it all painted extra!! He wants to take it to car shows and drive around town in the summer and fall and show off his new baby once it gets there! He and his Dad are working on it together, Matthew our youngest doesn't mind that all he is not a car nut like his brother, but Mr. Hillcrest and I have a 1969 red vet and he will be getting that when we are gone, that's pretty nice I think! Now, Matthew likes that idea!
Like I said he has alot of work to do before he even thinks of a paint job!
Okay know for some Prim!!!
I got this ball that lights up from a swap that I did and I put it on top of my theme tree that is in my kitchen!
I can not wait till I decorate it for the Fall!!!!!
This is a picture I have had for a few years now and I have noticed in alot of prim magazines and books and some people's blogs they have the same picture. I love this picture, I put this in our hallway!
I wasn't sure if I showed you this shelf and candle ledge before, it is in our bathroom, but instead of a candle on the ledge I put a jar of Grandam's Oatmeal soap inside!
I had to take this picture. My carmea was sitting right there when I turned around after putting the dishes away I saw this and then saw my camera and said what the heck it looks so pretty to me with the sun coming down and just taking in how life is so precious, and we all should slow down and smell the flowers more and enjoy each day with our loved ones!
Yes I am showing you my stove board that a friend made for made and I LOVE it very much. I am always changing it up, those are real apples. I can't wait till >>>>>>> you know what I am going to say TILL >>>>>>> you guessed it FALL! I will be changing it up again!
That is what is under the fly screen!
Another summery display with some homemade pears! I love the way they look in my antique yellow ware bowl!
Okay I think that is it for now, I hope everyone enjoys their family and the rest of the week. Mr. Hillcrest and I are going blueberry picking at the Big Apple Saturday,we make homemade blueberry jam every year. I bought more jars and 2 big bags of sugar and now we need to go pick our blueberries. I hope the boys want to come but being 18 and a half and 15 and a half they just might have plans but I am hoping they come,we will see if not it will be the first time it will be just Mr. Hillcrest and I. OH don't get me wrong I don't mind that at all it is just I love our sons so much but they are growing up, to fast if you ask me! So back to the blueberries, I will take pictures of course and the process of making blueberry jam takes awhile. You have to boil the jars and covers etc, make sure when you do out the jam in the jars and you are able to close the cover you hear a pop,alot of work but fun to do and we always make a blueberry pie too.
Till next time Prims,
Blessings,
Tricia
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





WOWZER....WHAT A BEAUTY! Yes...I mean you! Oh, and the Jeep is a beauty too! lol
ReplyDeleteSeriously this is wonderful Tricia....amazing how the engineers can get all those things into a car isn't it...
I'm enjoying seeing parts of your decorating I haven't seen before. Love it all!
And the photo of the sun shining through the basket of flowers is truely beautiful.
Hugs, Karen
WOW a new SUV I'm so proud for you!!! I have a Suburban and I just LOVE all the room. I enjoyed all the new pictures of your home and I LOVED the ball on top of your tree that is the neatest thing.Tell your son I LOVE his car I had 4 different Camaro's in my younger days my very first car was a 75 Camaro and I still love them. Not one passes me that I don't look at and boy does it bring back memories.Hope you have a grat weekend!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Dana
Wow, know you are so pleased and why not.. Be safe..
ReplyDeleteMaggey
Congrats on your new car! I really like it too! And I really enjoyed your photos. I also agree about enjoying life everyday, etc. we all need to be reminded of that from time to time.
ReplyDeleteHave a happy week!
~Carolyn
Congrats to Dawn on winning your giveaway!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you on the new vehicle! I drive a suburban to fit the whole family with everyone having room and not being crammed. I drive into town and back home 3-5 times a day with school and events so I know what you mean. If I had my way, I would have a sporty little car... but we do what we do and have what we have to accommodate our kids!
That's a neat idea to use the grapevine ball as a tree topper. When I change out my holiday tree with the holidays, sometimes I have a hard time trying to figure out what to put on top. I like it!
Love the pictures of your home and your prims!