I made a red velvet cake today with homemade cream cheese frosting.
I am posting every step and the recipe for the cake and frosting.
It is not prim or colonial but I am going to post a recipe once a week, just something different for my blog. I hope you try this and it is very easy to make.
Believe me once you make it homemade your family will keep asking you to make it.
There is nothing like homemade from scratch, that goes with cooking as well.
I make my own spaghetti sauce and meatballs and when I make that again I will post the recipe. I always make a double batch of things because I can freeze half of it and freeze it downstairs in our freezer. So, I will always have it on hand.
I try to think ahead.
Here are the pictures for the velvet cake....
I put my velvet cake in a bundt pan.
Already for the pan......
I love the color of a homemade velvet cake. I is so rich looking and very mosit when it is done baking.
Hot and out of the oven.....
Now here is the cream cheese frosting.....
Mix altogether and there you have cream cheese frosting.
Now it is time to eat, YUMMO!
Here is the recipe for the cake.....
2oz red food coloring
2 TBS Cocoa
1/2 C shortening
1-1/2 Cups Sugar
2 eggs
1 C butter milk
2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1tsp vanilla( I use the real vanilla, it really does make a difference)
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
Now make paste of food coloring and set aside, cream shortening and sugar,
add eggs and cocoa paste and beat until fluffy, them add butter milk and flour that has been mixed with salt and then add vanilla and mixwell wiith beater, remove from mixer and add vinegar then mix mix by hand then add baking soda and then mix by hand again, bake in a bundt pan at 350 for 30 mins.
Here is the recipe for the cream cheese frosting..
4 ounces unsalted butter, softened(I put my butter out and let it get soft)
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups powered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
In a large bowl combined all 4 ingredients and mix well untill smooth and creamy.
Then enjoy your red velvet bundt cake and frosting with a cold ice tea.
I hope you love thos recipe as much as I do.
I haven't made this in a long time so my hubby, Mr. Hillcrest is VERY
EXCITED!
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Give your loved ones lots of hugs and kisses,
because life is short. Always let your love ones know how
much they are loved and how much they mean
to you, it is so important. You can NEVER,EVER tell
you Hubby, children and outside family how much yu love them.
I tell my Hubby and sons everyday & many times a day as well.
Happy baking and May Blessings,
Tricia XO





Can't wait to try your recipe!! I'm going to make it next Sunday!!
ReplyDeleteOh Tricia..! That cake looks so good..!!! So glad to see your post! I hope your doing well:) I will be sending that hair oil product this week, I haven't forgotten. Have a great week, my friend! Hugs...K
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed your call:( I will be around in the mornings this week....hope your week is going well!
DeleteOh my gosh! Hand me a slice right now please!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recipe Tricia, it sounds delicious. I am going to try this one for sure.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I am looking forward to seeing more recipes from you too.
Linda
Hi Tricia, looks so good, my favorite cake!! Thanks for sharing, will make it for Mom`s Day.Blessings Francine.
ReplyDeleteGood Sunday evening Tricia, Thanks so much for sharing that wonderful cake recipe. Red Velvet is my daughter's favorite cake. Love that it is in a bundt pan instead of layers. Will have to try it. Looking forward to all your recipes. I too love to make ahead and freeze. Hope your evening is a good one.
ReplyDeleteAngela
Hi Trish,
ReplyDeleteYum Yum!!
Save me a piece, I'll be right over!! :)
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Tam
Oh my that looks delish! Would you believe I've NEVER had Red Velvet Cake? Sad but true....................thank you for sharing your recipe Tricia.
ReplyDeleteI think I'll add this to the menu for next Sunday!
hugz and blessings ~
That looks delicious! I have never even had a piece of red velvet cake let alone bake one!!! But you made it look really easy with your pictures. The cream cheese frosting looks amazing. Hope you're having a great day!
ReplyDeletetricia, yum cant wait to make this!! i love homemade cakes, home made anything! i too told my husband every day many times i loved him and so thankful i did! i dont miss a chance with anyone as an i love you means so much! enjoy your day tricia and i hope your feeling well!
ReplyDeleteHmmmm...yummy Tricia. Thanks for sharing. Take care, Janice
ReplyDeleteTricia
ReplyDeleteThe cake looks so yummy ! I just gained five pounds looking at it.
I love the banner photo here on your blog. Gorgeous.
Hugs,
Linda
Oh sweet friend!
ReplyDeleteI too am going to have to make this for my family this weekend. I will make it on saturday for all the kids and granny's when the come on sunday! Love it being in the bundt pan too.
Yummy sweet post.
Blessings
Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com
Red Velvet cake has been one of my favorites for years. Thanks so much for such wonderful pictures and instructions. I think homade is so much better too. We love cake around here. Everyone would be thankful. -Steph-
ReplyDeleteRed Velvet cake has been making a comeback lately.
ReplyDeleteIt's one I don't know if I've ever tried.
I will take down your recipe and see if it gets made here at my house...I also love to make things from scratch.
Thanks for the nice visuals...
Karen
Oh my goodness Tricia this looks so yummy!!! I made my first Red Velvet cake not long ago using my Mom's recipe and it turned out DIVINE!!! I LOVE that you used a bundt cake pan I would have never thought of that next time I'll try this!! :)
ReplyDeleteBig Hugs,
Dana