Hi my Prims,
I have had a bad cold and today I sprained my ankle, I know my LUCK, LOL!
I wanted to post this Happy Birthday and it is to a woman that I miss to this day.......it is my Grandmother's Birthday. She has been gone to be with the Lord for awhile now, I was 18 yrs old when she passed. I will be 45 yrs. old this April and I STILL miss her deeply.
My Grandmother was like a Mother to me. She was such a strong,warm, loving and gentle woman you would ever want to meet.
My Grandmother taught me everything I know and she would always say that it doesn't matter how old you are you learn something new everyday. That is so TRUE!
She taught me how to bake, cook and knit. I would sleep over on school vacations and on the weekends if there was no school on Monday!
I can REALLY say she was my Best Friend!
Happy Birthday Grandma,I miss you everyday and when I bake your cookies I always think of you with a BIG SMILE!
I am the woman I am today because of my Grandma and I thank her for that!
Love your Granddaughter,
Tricia XOXOXOX
PS everyone needs Grandparents in their life.
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Hi Tricia, wonderful memories your Grandma left with you.....She would be so proud of you......Blessings Francine.
ReplyDeleteI had the same type of relationship with my Grandma. She's been gone over 20 years and barely a day passes that I don't think of her. We were both lucky to have the benefit of that bond.
ReplyDeletetricia,
ReplyDeleteFeel better and be careful! What wonderful memories you have of your grandmother. She sound like she was a special lady that had so much to give. hugs! OLM
I totally agree. I also miss my Grand Mother.
ReplyDeleteI feel sorry for families who don't have Grammas like you and I had.
Old people have time for children and they have tons to teach as well and they also are there for little naughty things you can do together, you can't do with your parents. lol
Hey T...keeping that foot propped up I hope! Your Grandmother sounds like a very special Lady! My Aunt was my 'second' Mother and I miss her very much as well...it's always so comforting to have those memories to reflect back on and cherish..! Hugs....K
ReplyDeleteAmen to that. I spent many days with both of my grammas and loved every miunte of them! Janice
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your dear Grandma. I am sure she is looking down on you with love!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post Tricia. You were so lucky to have such a great relationship with your grandmother. Hope your ankle feels better soon and your cold is better as well!
ReplyDeleteTricia so sorry to hear that you are still not feeling well.Gosh, how did you sprain your ankle this time... were you chasing Miss Priss? LOL! Hope that your cold and ankle are better soon.Happy Birthday to your Grandmother.I know how big of an influence on your life that she was and still is to this day.While she may not be here in person, she is still with you ever moment.I am sure she looks down at you with pride.Hugs,Jen
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a special grandma, I am sure she is looking down on you and SMILING too!
ReplyDeleteKeep your ankle wrapped and up ladybug!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful tribute to your grandmother. It sounds like she was an amazing lady and you loved her very much.
Donna
Oh, a sprained ankle hurts so bad:( No better excuse to stay inside though!!! Rest up and I hope your cold gets better too. Grandparents are a necessity in a child's life. I was blessed to know mine and to be taught lessons by them too. My mother is a wonderful Grandma to my girls and I am so thankful for that. You are blessed. Happy birthday to your Grammy. -Steph-
ReplyDelete