Thursday, February 6, 2014

Prayers Please!

Hi my Prims,
Sorry that I have not posted pictures of my homestead but my FIL went into the hospital again 2 weeks ago. His gall bladder was badly infected and they had to open him up the old way so we have been to Boston everyday and now he is in rehab. They have him walking etc. It was scary because of his age and they told us in Boston that he could have a heart attack on the table due to the fact he has a bad heart. My husband and I prayed all that day. He was under for almost 4 hours but now he has a very bad cold and is really under the weather.
I ask if you all could remember my FIL when you say your prayers.

He is 87 young but he is showing his age after this. He has a home at the Cape and here in our town and he will be coming home they think next week. We have been going every night to see him and he is not in Boston anymore, he is in rehab closer to us. It has been hard on my husband because we had to talk to my FIL about living on his own ( I will be caring for him down here) but when and if he goes back to the Cape we are hiring a nurse to be with him then on the weekends we will be going down to care for him but that will not be for awhile.
Thank you all for your prayers for my FIL Paul!
I will be doing a post on some changes I have done on the homestead!
Stay safe and warm, I hope we don't have anymore SNOW!! Think Spring girls!
Warm Hugs,
Tricia XO

17 comments:

  1. I'm sending you prayers. I know how challenging this can be.
    Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will keep Paul and your family in my prayers. A time like this is not an easy on as our parents age. I went thru this with my mother as my daddy passed first. Now Mr.P. Is having a rough time with his mom. Will keep you in my thoughts.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia, I'm so sorry that your FIL has had such a rough time. We had to address health issues wih my Inlaws lately and it's never an easy conversation so I feel for y'all. Just make sure you take care of yourselves as well as him.
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending prayers my friend, Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending warm hugs and prayers your way. May your FIL soon be on the mend & able to enjoy himself again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending out prayers for your FIL speedy recover. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for your father-in-law Tricia.... It is so sad and frightening when those who were always the strong ones in our lives age and become frail. My mom was always my main support system....now she can no longer care for herself and is in assisted living. It breaks my heart because all she wants is to be "home." It is great that your father-in-law will be able to remain at home and have the help he needs. Praying for his speedy recovery. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tricia, I will certainly say a prayer for your dear father in law. It takes a while to mend after that type of surgery and more so for how "young" he is.

    ~willa~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about your FIL.. That is a lot to go through.. I cannot imagine how difficult having surgery that way was for him... He is blessed to have you to support him.. Prayer for his healing and guidance as you and your hubby talk with him about living alone.. May your be strengthened and guided by the good Lord as you walk through this with him.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending up prayers for your family and FIL. Big Hugs! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will do Tricia. I'll be praying for you and your hubby to have strength as well.

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hugs Tricia! Call me if you need to talk or have any questions. I miss our chats, but I know your very busy. Make sure you make time for you, too! Prayers going ^^up^^...K

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tricia, prayers being said. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tricia, its been over 2 years since I last blogged and it is with much sadness that my first comment on your blog in that time, is to wish your father in law a speedy recovery after his recent operation, you look after yourself too!
    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete