Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Holiday treat, in more than one way.

Here we are at LaSalette.  We had  such a wonderful time although the weather was very chilly!  The lights were absolutely beautiful and we enjoyed every second of it.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Over two million Christmas lights to enjoy.  Tis the season!!!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Here I am with our oldest son Steven,  one of my three favorite guys,  besides my honey and Matthew.   I can't believe he just turned 18, and he towers over me. 

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

More lights to enjoy, aren't the colors beautiful?

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

When we got home, we enjoyed "Monkey Bread".  The recipe that Grammy Linda        http://behindmyreddoor.blogspot.com/     had on her blog.  It looked so good that I had to try out her recipe, and now it is one of our favorites.  So please go to Linda's blog and tell her that Tricia sent you.  You will find this great recipe there.  Thank you so much Linda for sharing this delicious treat.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

6 comments:

  1. Aww Tricia! That brought back so many memories! I love LaSalette. It's great that you got there before the snow. Isn't that monkey bread yummy? I tried a new recipe today and I'll be posting about it tomorrow. My friend Kathy recommended it and it is soooo easy and yummy!!

    Stay safe and warm in the storm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my family was home, we would always go look at the Christmas lights. Wonderful memories!

    Merry Christmas~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tricia! One tip when making the pretzels, stir like crazy because the oil/cinammon and sugar settles to the bottom of the bowl. You really want to coat the pretzels well with it so stir them really well. We LOVE them and I hope you and your family do as well.

    Merry Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to see pictures of the family. Looks like a great time. Can't wait to get a look at Handsome Matthew!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw Tricia ! It looks like you had a wonderful time . So glad to finally get to see pics of the family . You have a very handsome son and I knwo that your very proud of him . Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Tricia, pretty Christmas lights. Yeh, your hubby looks cold:) Your family is quite handsome, and yes they do grow up fast. I've never heard of monkey bread so I'll be checkin' that out. Thanks for sharing with us luv. Happy New Year! Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete