Friday, January 29, 2010

Some Homemade Items at Hillcrest Home and other Prim Goodies

Hi, my prims, I promised a recipe, but I really wanted to do another post of a few things that Mr. Hillcrest has made me in the past but the picture below I did all by myself. I painted it and then I glued two primitive stars on there, and put a star primitive plate inside with some straw filler and I just love it!! What do you girls think?

Photobucket

This picture I love because Mr. Hillcrest made this for me and he doesn't have alot of time to build things. I wanted to buy one, but SURPRISE, he made this great carrier and I painted it. Just igonre the border on my kitchen wall that is my NEXT project!!! I wanted to show you how it looked empty and the next picture you will see what I put in it.

Photobucket

I put my bread boards and sometimes I put my primitive wooden bowls it it too.

Photobucket

Now, here it the bathroom carrier Mr. Hillcrest made for me, of course I LOVE it. I am always changing it up with the different seasons of the year. I think Mr. Hillcrest ROCKS!!!!!
 
Photobucket

Here is another view of the bathroom, I put up that primitive star boarder which I just love.
Then one day I was out shopping not really thinking of getting anything and saw this and said Woo Hoo that would look great in the bathroom, it's a small ironing board and I thought it was so darn cute that I had to get it.
We have another bathroom and I am in the process of redoing the whole bathroom from top to bottom. When it is done you will be the first to see it!!!!!

Photobucket

Here is a bowl rack that AGAIN Mr. Hillcrest made for me. I put my wooden bowls and bread boards in it and everyone that comes over loves it!!

Photobucket

This he also made me about two years ago and I painted it and made it primitive. I love the look of it.
I change it with the different seasons. Thanks Honey for making this for me!!

Photobucket

This crow plate and my very FIRST piece of real redware was given to me from a dear friend.
I thank her so much for these two pieces and the small penny round rug also. It has pineapples on it. This friend doesn't know how much it means to me, thank you my dear sweet friend!

Photobucket

The yelloware, the big bowl was a gift from a friend and the little one I bought for myself.
I just love the look of yelloware and redware!!!

Photobucket

Here is a bigger view of my redware and crow plate~!

Photobucket

Now, this is a story for the books, One day about 6 or 7 years ago Mr. Hillcrest came up to me and said , I think I am going to put a window in the hallway looking into your 1800 room. I looked at him thinking he had lost his mind. I said WHAT!!!!!! I thought he was kidding until I saw the old window come up from the basement and all the tools and said Holy Moly, you are serious. I have to say after it was done I fell in love with it. Then Mr. Hillcrest had another brainstrom and said I am going to find someone to make shutters, with cut out stars and a shelf on each, and by golly he sure did.  I just love the way it looks into my 1800 room. I have my old desk and a very old spinning wheel and a "Standard" (brand name) sewing machine that was made in 1895 with the treadle that is cast iron with a leather drive belt. It still works!

Photobucket

Here is some things in the hallway that I painted one is the shelf and there are some primitive boxes that a friend gave to me and I collect gameboards and just love the look. The old lantern is one of two that Mr. Hillcrest installed in our hallway with flickering bulbs.  It feels like walking down an old street in the 1800's on the way to the living room.

Photobucket

Also, in the hallaway I bought this picture because of the saying. I just love it.

Photobucket

Now, you will see a small pottery bowl with some blue on it and i had to buy it, it was only $3.00. This girl LOVES a bargain!!!!!!! Behind this corner piece there was white lattice and Mr. Hillcrest took it down this past weekend but I forgot to post it. Now it is all brick which I love!!!!! I hope all of my Prims enjoyed this post.

Photobucket

Okay, my prims you all wanted to know what I did with that beautiful old bowl I bought at the mill and here it is, with a small light and next to my antique off white and brown crock. I am thinking of putting some prim Valentine hearts in there and soon it will be Easter and I will be putting primitve Easter eggs in my bowl.. After St. Patrick's Day of course...

Photobucket


Till next time and God Bless and Big Hugs,
Tricia

18 comments:

  1. Very nice! I think I love Mr. Hillcrest too. Isn't such a blessing to have hubbys that make us things we love for our home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tricia, I just loved seeing more pictures of your home! It's wonderful seeing all your goodies and hearing the stories that go along with everything. I have to agree that Mr. Hillcrest rocks, its so nice he makes you things and comes up with great ideas-like the window! Love your collections, the yellow ware is so nice and your new bowl will look great changed out for the seasons. Thanks so much for sharing pictures of your beautiful home. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hubby is a keeper! Great pics and stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all need a Mr. Hillcrest lol ! he's a keeper for sure. Hmmmmm maybe I need to show Mr. Willow all the goodies Mr. Hillcrest has made for you ;0} and Mr. Willow might get on the ball lol. Thanks for sharing your wonderful pics with us.
    Prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all!! Your prim gatherings are wonderful and your home has a great cozy feel to it.
    Have a great weekend.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was great-I really enjoyed the tour of your lovely prim stuff! I love it all, especially the shutters/ironing board and the wood items hubs made!

    Your home looks so cozy and it is obvious you enjoy it:) have a good weekend,
    Blessings, Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Tricia! I looooooove all of your prims!!! Your hubby rocks! I love the idea of the window...can you send him my way...lol! I really enjoyed looking at all of your pics...thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pics! You have some beautiful things in your home! My hubby is talented in woodworking as well so I know how lucky you are to have Mr. Hillcrest! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog! I am now following you too! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks great, you did a wonderful job! I can only imagine the possibilites of what you can fill that bowl with. Tell your DH great job too!

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks great! What a blessing to have a hubby that builds things for you! I really enjoyed seeing everything.
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tricia! So glad that I have come across your blog! I love all your prim goodies! Got to congratulate Mr Hillcrest for his great idea of making a window with shutters in your 1800 room!
    I look forward to following your blog and hope you can visit.
    Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you believe that? I just found your blog at the same time you were reading my blog!!!
    Really great and thanks for becoming a blog friend! Looking forward to more of your primshares! if there's such a word!!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. darling BB, your homeis so beautiful!. i see all the love that you and mr. hillcrest put in to your home and each other.and it makes you real so many of us forget we are real people with real needs , and haveing all the love of family and friends makes it all so worth liveing. when there is a connection between people that have never met thats a priceless gift, that should be remembered, mr.hillcrest is a darling and to have things made for you is more dear and meaningful in my eyes ! love to you BB, mom

    PS i see all the girls are saying mr.hillcrest well tell mr.hillcrest i found him first !!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Primmies dream of the things you have been sharing! So sweet of Mr. Hillcrest to mke you all the wonderful goodies. I ma loving the sneak peeks into your home. I think it is wonderful.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is wonderful how you and your DH work together in your home. It fills your home with love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the things Mr. Hillcrest has made, how sweet of him! You have some lovely prim goodies in your home and I love how you've displayed them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have the same picture with the angel. Got it at a yard sale last summer for 1 dollar!Let me tell ya, I was happy!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. my kenny put my song on his play list tell him lots a love from momma

    ReplyDelete