Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Journey Today

Hi my Prims, I haven't posted lately because as most of you know I have opened my own selling blog (the link is on the right). Mr. Hillcrest and I have been wanting to do this for about a year and finally we said let's go for it!!! There is alot of things to be done when you open a selling blog, Mr. Hillcrest and I want to thank some of my close friends that we have, they are from other states from all over the counrty and gave us list after list of their vendors to help us start. That is true friendship ,thank you girls from the bottom of my heart!!!

I woke up this morning and saw the sun shining and then I put a plan together, JUST ME.  Mr. Hillcrest stayed home to work on our selling blog while I went out to do some shopping for our business. I went to two shops in Cumberland, R.I. There are some beautiful homes that I saw on the way from the year 1620 to 1889 and they all had farmland. Just breath taking!

The first shop is a gold mine for any that likes to do "re-do's" ,
from old chairs, crates, old bottles, old signs, alot of milk cans. Irene is a lovely lady in her late 60's  and she will barter with
you. I love just going to talk with her because she has so many
great stories to tell.

Here is Irene's sign . I love it because it's not fancy it is
just prim perfect!!!
LOOK at ALL the STUFF outside!!! OH, I forgot there
are washboards and ladders, you name it she has it!!!!















This is inside her shop, Irene makes alot of her things, like pillows
and she also paints. She is very talented!!!

She has things hanging from the ceiling so if you are tall,
which I am NOT, you better duck. There are baskets and old pans
just about everything you can imagine!

The chair that you see here she made, and made more in different colors!

The next stop was Pine Swamp, I go there and I really enjoy
it. The owner is just so kind and really helps everyone. She had
alot out today, she is always kidding with me and asking
me when are you going to work for me here!

She is already for Easter, which you Prims know is
early April 4th!!

I took this picture because this is where her shop is, in Cumberland, R.I.
If you look close I LOVE the colonial clocks, there are a
few in  this picture.
Last stop is not a colonial/prim shop. It is a place that my parents took me every time we went to the Big Apple (a farm in Wrentham, MA), when I was a child, and I will take pictures of that in the fall, hay rides and picking our own apples and I am 42 years old and they are still open, they are doing something right, so enough of that till fall. Back to this beautiful place. After going to get apples etc, on the way home we always stopped at the Abbey, this is where the nuns live. They work on the farm and I have seen them in the summertime with their long dress and the black head piece they wear everyday in the scorching hot sun. They eat off their land, and bake right there, and they have a gift shop. When you go in to get bread or something, a nun is behind a round disk and you would tell her what you want. She would spin the disk and you put the money there and she then would spin it back with what you ordered and then say "God Bless You Child"  
This is the chapel, now we take our children there after the Big Apple,
we have been doing this since they were babies.  I made sure that the
tradition went on!!
This is were the nuns live, they don't even have air condioning , imagine that!!!
The chapel is so peaceful. When I went in today to say my prayers I opened
the door and I thought I was going to heaven because I heard these beautiful
voices singing and I did feel for a monent in time I was in Heaven, a little closer to Christ.
So, that is what I did today for a few hours, and then came home and helped
Mr. Hillcrest with my selling blog. I hope your girls enjoyed the few places I went to. On the way home I took the back roads and was playing my music in the car and SINGING, thank goodness no one could hear me, LOL.

So until next time my friends I hope you have a wonderful week and thank you for stopping by Hillcrest Home Prims. If you have a moment, browse through our store.

Blessings Prims,
Tricia

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day for YOU!! I'll have to check out those places someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect day, wish I could have went with you! You visited some great stores, looks like you could spend a lot of time in them. Hope you found some good things for your selling blog. Glad you had a nice day, enjoy the rest of your weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia I am so happy you had such a wonderful day . You are a sweetie and I would have loved being there with you we would have laughed the day away ! LOL! Love the first shop ... I probably would still be looking. Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time! And congrtas on your selling blog. I wish you the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tricia,
    Thanks so much for visiting me and becoming a follower of my blog. Yours is wonderful as well and I am becoming a follower too! ;)
    I wish you much success on your selling blog.
    Now I'm off to join you and then check out your selling blog.
    Hope to see you again soon.
    Blessings~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have just touched on my ideal day! I would so love a day to just take my leisurely time, stroll through prim shops and interesting places, take the back roads all just for ME! But with having three young children, this doesn't happen very often. Haha! Sounds like a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing of your day and your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tricia, Thanks for joining my blog! I had to take a peek at yours and I love it! I'm following it and your selling blog. I have been checking into doing a selling blog instead of the regular website. I have so much to learn!!

    Jodi
    Crafts By Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tricia, Thank you for the kind words on my blog. It nice to meet another APP gal.
    I love the store that are near you.
    How fun it would be to visit them.
    Happy Easter.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Tricia how lucky you are to live so close to these wonderful shops...we have nothing near us that's exciting.
    Guess Doug and I need to take a road trip east!

    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tricia , what an awesome day you had . Next time give me a shout , would love to find shops like that . Hubby keeps saying one day you wont come home and I know you will be somewhere in the country with great prims . LOL
    Boy could I get lost in those shops , and break the bank . LOL
    Hugs
    Deb

    ReplyDelete