As I said before, I would be posting today about our morning at the starting line to the Boston Marathon. We live in Hopkinton, MA, which I described in an earlier post. The Boston Marathon is a 26 mile run where runners from all over the world come to Hopkinton to start the race and then run into the city from here. Our little town is so full of excitment as it fills up with 24,000 runners, and over 250,000 specators. Mr. Hillcrest knows alot of important people due to his job, and every year, we are lucky enough to see the race start from the VIP booth here in town with special passes. This always makes it so exciting, because we are lucky enough to sit and mingle with many important people while we are there. As promised, I am going to post some pictures of our adventure on this picture perfect morning here in Hopkinton. The weather could not have been more beautiful, and the people were just great.
Here we are at the starting line, and I took a picture of the statue and the American flag, which I am so proud to be an American!!!
Here are our VIP passes to go and see the Boston Marathon.
Here is the starting line and all the people across the street standing and waiting for the event to start!!!
Here is Mr. Hillcrest and Steve-o saying OH NO Mom is at it again with the camera, LOL!!!!!
Here is our Matt-o and I sitting on the bleachers, Matt hurt his ankle yesterday so the poor kiddo had to walk around with crutches which you will see in some other pictures!!!
Here are the MOST important Men in my life!!! I love all 3 of you so much!!!
Here I am with our oldest son Steve-o, he is graduating this year, June 4th, I can't believe it, and it looks like he will be going to the Mass Maritime Academy for engineering.
We can't be more proud of him!!!! I am just having a hard time letting my baby go, he is 6 ft 1" and I feel like I was just holding him in my arms in the hospital!!!!
Former Trooper Dan always sings 3 songs and the one that always brings me to tears is the National Anthem!!!
Dan is there every year and we just love his voice!
After the National Anthem the fighter jets went by and I always get the chills. I start to tear up because when they go by I am so PROUD to be an American, and that we have our freedom!
Here is Steve-o's friend Kat that was holding the Marathon flame that is at the police station that NEVER burns out!!!!!!!!
Here is Mr. Hillcrest and I at the Marathon, Aren't we CUTE!!!!!!
He is my everything!!!! My life , my soulmate!!!
Here is the official clock!
Here they are ready at the starting line to run 26 miles and I can't run 26 feet,LOL
Here is Senator John Kerry that I dealt with about having the Bullying Bill passed here in Massachusetts and it passed! He is a great person to work with and a friend to Mr. Hillcrest.
Mr. Hillcrest wanted me to get a picture with the bomb squad and his dog, the other bomb squad people were everywhere, in the crowd. Which made me feel very safe being there.
Here is Steve-O and his friend Kat!!!!
Here I am with a Tim Cahill who is running for Governor of Mass.
Here is our good friend, which Mr.Hillcrest and I know well, you guessed it girls Tedy Bruschi.
Here is Mr. Hillcrest and our son Steve-o with Tedy and he always brings up a time when he and the Patriots worked with Mr. Hillcrest on an exersize program and this woman put them through so much that after they where done Teddy and Troy Brown said come here Ken we want to give you a BIG hug and Mr. Hillcrest said "No Way", it was because the were sweating soooo bad!!!LOL!
Tedy's wife is a sweetheart, she was there this year with Tedy and loves him so much.
Here is Tedy with Steve-O's friend Kat who NEVER met Tedy and was so excited she was jumping out of her pants!!
Here I am watching the runners running all the way to Boston!!!!!!
Here they are going all the way to Boston, Good Luck runners
Here are some more!!!!
Well, we had the BEST DAY ever! Sunny and Blue sky and being with my family just enjoying my day with the MOST IMPORTANT people in my LIFE!!!
I love you My husband , Matt-O, and Steve-O!!!
Until till next time my prims, my friends!!!
Blessings, Tricia





Tricia, I felt like I was there with you. Being a MA native I always wondered what it was like at the start or finish of the race - now I know about the start at least! What a picture perfect day too!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your son! Mass Maritime is a fine institution!!
I am glad you had such a wonderful day. The weather was just perfect. Your pictures came out so nice.Perhaps next year we could see pictures of you running the marathon??? ;)
ReplyDeleteTricia I love the fact that you had such a wonderful day ! The pics are so perfect and I know that you were glad to see your old friend Teddy Bruschi. Love the fighter jets and yep you are right we are so blessed to be American !
ReplyDeleteMy friend you are a lovely lady with a beautiful family. You are truly blessed and I am also because I call you friend. Hugs,Jen
whao girl you hobb with best and congratts to steve o lol what does he need to head off to the
ReplyDelete(mmi) is there anything mammie can pick him up ????????????? love momma
how exciting, the entire time I lived in NH and worked in Boston... I avoided the place like the plague... lol... However, I should have come to Hopkinton... Looks like all the fun is there!!
ReplyDeleteKaren
Hi Tricia, now I have a better idea of where you live, I didn't realize you were so close to Boston. Looks like you had a fantastic day with your family. You know so many influential people,I am impressed! Loved all the pictures and Yes, you sure do make a cute couple-with two handsome boys. Thanks for sharing, have a great day!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you & your family had a great time at the marathon! I enjoyed looking at all of your pics...thanks for sharing=) have a great day!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! Thanks for sharing! :)It was a beautiful day yesterday and more blue skies on the way! ;)Alyssa
ReplyDeleteWow Tricia, you took us with you didn't you....THANK YOU...you got some wonderful photos and DO YOU NOT TAKE A GOOD PHOTO....you are just adorable!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd you have a beautiful family too.
How proud you must be (and are)
Thanks for sharing your day with us!
Karen
Ahhhh...love is in the air! You all are so sweet together! Seems like you had an exciting day and alot of fun! Great looking family!! (you seem shorter than I imagined though??) LOL..everyone seems to tower over you! Thanks for sharing the pics!
ReplyDeleteTricia I can tell you and your dear family had a great time at the race!! How exciting and everyone smiling!! My cousins hubby runs in this race...haven't talked to her recently to see how he did and if for sure he went this year....she sometimes joins him now...she runs too!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your son....how exciting for him to start a new path in life!!
HuGs
Rox
Hi Tricia, I have just read your comment your left on my Weimaraner post, thankyou so much for stopping by and I have been following your blog for some time, I am in the list somewhere!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day out you all had and congratulations to your son!
Blessings,
Karen
Hi Tricia: You left a comment on my blog site for a quote for a sign for Hillcrest Home Prims, but I can't seem to find your email address on your site..I would love to do you a sign..please contact me at the email address under my profile and I'll get some information from you, - size, colors, etc and give you a quote..I look forward to hearing form you soon..Love your blog...plus I see a few things on your selling site I just have to add to my prim collection...
ReplyDeleteLook forward to hearing from you.
Donna Tingle
Tinglelaneprimitives.blogspot.com
Looks like you had an amazing day! I can't imagine running that far! LOL
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun family time. You ARE cute and have a beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful memories were made, great pictures! I too, am very proud to be an American. I too, tear up when the National Anthem is sung and the jets fly over. I too, am very thankful for our freedom!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your day!