I wanted to share some things that are close to my heart. First I want to let you all know I won Valarie's giveaway, the snowmen and when I get it in the mail I will put her blog link up and I ask you to join her blog it is awesome, remember we support our Prim Pals!!!
Thanks Valarie, I can't for the mailman to come!
You can see her blog here.
http://www.yorkiesprimitives.blogspot.com/
Also Brenda "The Rusty Thimble" is having a Christmas givewaway every week, how awesome is that, her work is Perfection, I know because I have a homemade old Santa and EVERYONE that sees it loves him, in this post you will see him! So, on my side bar click on The Rusty Thimble and make sure you join and let Brenda know I sent you her way, all the information will be there on how to win, and there will be sometimes 3 winners in ONE day!!!
Brenda has a HUGE heart do to this FABULOUS giveaway, so please go on over! A link is on the bottom of this post!!
Love ya Brenda, XOXOX!!!
Now, the things I love about Christmas
1. hot chocolate
2. watching all our favorite movies
3. having friends over
4. doing a Christmas swap with our dear friends
5. decorating our home and making it warm and cozy!
6. having a fire in our fire place with the screen up so you can see the warm glow of the burning wood and the crackling of the wood
7. Going to see all the lights that we go every year to see, at the Shrine in Attleboro, MA, and there are over 3 million lights this year, sipping hot cider and the having hot chocolate with the boys.
8. Baking homemade cookies that are from my Grandmother's recipe, which she made every year and even the boys help, but with our oldest in College it is just our youngest that helps and he enjoys it alot.
9. seeing our first snow fall , and taking a walk in the snow
10 Mr. Hillcrest reads the Night before Christmas every year now and our oldest will be home for that!
11. Having our family all home warm and safe, and snuggling in our homemade blanlets that I made , can you believe that!!!'
Okay now for some pictures!!
Here is our bedroom, the A/C is coming out, but with th hot flashes it might just stay in!!!
a picture of our wood stove and mantle, the 1800's bellows still works, and Mr. Hillcrest uses it!
See the village behind my kitchen table, I have ALOT more pictures to share with you but I will show one more!
Here is our tree, remember I have a twig tree in every room, but the boys wanted this tree that they were brought up with, but when the are gone with families of their own Mr,Hillcrest and will be getting a hugs twig German primitive tree!
okay a few more pictures,
Another part of our living room, where Mr. Hillcrest can watch the football games
Our close up picture of our village, that is all I am showing for now!
I have SO much more to show you, our 3 bathrooms, hallway etc. So I will be back!
Oh, one more picture I said I would show you, my Santa from Brenda, PLEASE check out her selling shop blog, you will be drooling!
I put a small battery light I the the pocket isn't he the GREATEST!, Again Brenda thank you SO much!!!XOXO, you can go see her blog here
and her selling blog here
Look what I got from my very, very good friend, Lori. Alot of you know her as The black crow. She made this Santa light, she is so talented and a sweetheart. She also made me a primitive cloth that has yummy fixins that you put in warm milk or hot water, and let me tell you it is yummy, and then add whipped cream on top and and candy cane on the side of your mug, YUMMO!!!
Lori and I are always doing swaps together and we talk on the phone every morning and every night, she is a sweetheart. Lori and Joe were going to come down but because I had more work done by my Doctor, I needed alot more time to heal, but we made plans for April and Lori and Joe will be coming down for a few days to spend time with Mr.Hillcrest and I and we can't wait.
Lori hit over 200 members on her FABULOUS blog and is going to have a GIVEAWAY, so please go over and join her blog and let Lori know I sent you there, you will LOVE her blog. I do, but don't forget she is my best buddy. Make sure you have a paper towel with you because you will need it. You will be DROOLING!!! I love you Lori!!!XOXOX You will fi Lori's blog here
Thank you again for my special gifts that you sent me, it means the world to me to have a TRUE friend like you!!
Until next time, there will be more pictures of Hillcresthome.
I hope you enjoyed the tour. I still have alot more to do!!
Love one another and be kind to each other.
Prim Blessings,
Tricia





Beautiful post Tricia. I love all your holiday decorations. I can't wait to start my decorating but it will have to wait until after Thanksgiving. Looking forward to seeing lots more pictures of your home.
ReplyDeleteWarm Hugs,
AMY
your home is just beautiful! :) Thank you for sharing your pictures! I have an old barn ladder that i need to figure out how to display quilts on - are your quilts very bulky? You have a gift for decorating - oh so pretty & prim!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed viewing your photos - your bedroom is to die for!!! Everything is just lovely! Thanks for sharing - look forward to seeing more!
ReplyDeleteWondering what your large grubby candle on the coffee table is?? If there is a candle inside it must last forever. Your home looks so nice for the holidays.
ReplyDeleteCarey
oh tricia! I have always been a fan of your home....it looks beautiful......
ReplyDeleteCongrats on winning Valeries giveaway. The snowman ornies are so cute. Love the pictures of your decorating. We do a fresh cut tree as that's what my boys have grown up with so we won't be getting ours for a few more weeks. That's when I decorate, when we get our tree.
ReplyDeleteBrenda's work is superb. She does such a nice job that pictures just don't do her work justice. I like the addition of the battery operated candle to the santa...just the right touch.
Our ac is still in the window too...mainly cause the hubby hasn't gotten around to removing it!
Thanks for sharing.
Dee
You have a lovely home!
ReplyDeleteI don't decorate until after Thanksgiving. But I've been known to leave everything out until May. LOL
Hey Tricia,
ReplyDeleteIt looks great. Love it! I love the fireplace, and will try hard not to be jealous!!!
betty
Tricia thank you so much my giveaway winners will be announced on DEc the 1st
ReplyDeleteI love your pictures of your home WOW so pretty
love the candle in the santa bag. You Bedroom is Wonderful
Brenda
everything looks great!! I really enjoyed your pictures..your bedroom is gorgeous..so prim and perfect!! thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteHugs
Deana
Wow, you have certainly been busy. Everything looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing your beautiful home with us.
ReplyDeletehey, sista prim! you know i love all of the wonderful decorations! just fabulous! :) lori is a sweetie & what cute things she made you! :) i love your list of christmas faves! i may have to "steal" your idea & do that on my blog!! i will "plug" your blog when i do! lol! tfs!
ReplyDeleteTricia your house looks amazing and I LOVE your Christmas village!!! You received some awesome goodies from Lori...she is such a sweetheart. I'm so glad you are recovering so well. Hope you have a great weekend!! :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Dana
Hi Tricia, I need a paper towel on your blog!! Drooling!!!8-) Everything looks just awesome!! Can't wait to see more pics.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Lorna
Your home is just so warm and cozy, makes you just want to sit by the fire and drink some hot chocolate and roast some marshmellows.. And I love your 1800 room with the village and all.
ReplyDeleteCan I come live at your house heheh yep my usual
heheh
hugs,
Your adopted mom
My Christmas list looks a lot like yours. I love all those things about Christmas, but mainly the family part. That's my favorite thing about the holidays!
ReplyDeleteI have a big tree like that also that the kids get to decorate with all their ornaments. Then the rest of the trees are decorated by me while they are at school, hehe! Christmas decorating is so much fun. Your home looks wonderful!
looks awesome sweetie!! Your bedroom looks so comfy, I want to go there and sleep!! LOL!
ReplyDelete