Friday, December 24, 2010

Had to do ONE more post for a GOOD reason!

Hi My, Prims I know I said that the last post was my last until the New year but I recieved a few things that I wanted to share with you all. One was a giveaway and the other was a special gift to Mr. Hillcrest and I.

Here is what I won from Roundabout Primitives by Andrea. Thank you Andrea for such a wonderful Christmas giveaway. I LOVE snowmen and I know that all my Prims know that by now!!! It is a family of Prim Snowmen family and Andrea is very talented!
Here is what I recieved from Andrea........

They are a great looking snowmen family and she also sent me a beautiful Christmas card, thank you Andrea. Please girls go to her blog and check it out you will fall in love with her blog!!!!! Roundabout Primitives(Andrea) Merry Christmas my friend.

Now, Mr. Hillcrest has been wanting a real looking mouse for our Grandfather clock and our friend Jan made one for Mr. Hilcrest and we LOVE him, she did a super job, check him out...
He as a vest on and a key and a pocket watch, thank you Jan SO much, we will treasure him for a life time!!! Here is the side view of him...
How great is he.. thank you again my friend. Then Jan put something in the box for me and look what she made me, bless her heart..

She will be going out for the Spring and Easter, I LOVE her. Jan you truly made the end of our year!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your wonderful husband!!

Now, I have not stopped cooking, and baking we are having cheese and crackers,
homemade pepper jam and you spread it on cream cheese and then crackers and shrimp YUMMO. Then peanut butter Choc. balls, 1st time making those, then pigs in a blanket that is what we call them and hot choc. with whip cream with a candy cane and egg nog if anyone wants it.
We feel very blessed that my FIL is here with us tonight and tomorrow as well.
I have been so busy with his medications that they messed up and paper work for health insurance and on and on, but he is here with us, even though we truly miss my MIL which was like a Mom we still feel the loss, so on a better note here is
a few pictures of so yummies..


The Monkey bread I did get this recipe from a friend Tina and this Monkey bread melts in your mouth, it is for Christmas morning, everyone has different ways of making it but this is our favorite, thanks Tina!!!! Now remember I don't have the shrimp out, chesse, cracker, pepper jam and cream cheese etc!!!
It is going to be a GREAT night!!!!! Oh is is the Hot Choc, YUMMY..

Also I wanted to let you know that I found a great looking firkin and it is for SALE, if you would like to buy this great looking frikin just email me or email my shop that is on the side of my blog, I am asking $40.00 plus shipping!!!!

Here is the pic..
So that is all until the New Year and I will be doing a giveaway!''
I wish all of my followers a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

See you next year my Prims,
Prim Blessings,
Tricia

7 comments:

  1. Awww thank you guys I am so glad that you like Hickory Dickory and Barley. Merry Christmas to you all even to the FIL. Hope your Christmas day is awesome and filled with love. Hugs to the boys and I hear sleigh bells on the roof so I better hit the sack.
    Love ya
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks lovely.. Yummy,. have a great day.. Waiting now for my family to arrive..Yahooo.
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  3. A belated MERRY CHRISTMAS Tricia!
    i would say your treats all look scrumptious...even the ones not shown 'sound' scrumptious.

    I have a MONKEY BREAD mix I bought from our grandson through school and totally forgot I had it - was going to fix it for Christmas morning...darn.

    Love the little mouse...so fuzzy looking and not at all threatening like a little mouse should be!
    How sweet of Jan to make it and also send a special gift.

    Again, Happy Holidays to you and your family.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the firkin. How big is it. Height and diameter. It might me just the thing that I am looking for to make a stitchin basket. I will have to make a lid but that could be done.
    Hope you made it through the storm.
    Hugs to you all
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of your yummies and goodies . Love that cup ! I have one that is very similar , but has a Santa on it . Hmm , we must frequent the same shops . LOL
    Hugs your big Sis .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I found you over at Crow's Creek, count me in your give a way. I joined your blog. Join mine, I'm going to get is back up and running and do some give a ways too. I need to clean out some of my handmade crafts for new ones of course...lol..I love Primitives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable snowman family! Congrats on winning them. The little mouse is way too cute and is gonna be so sweet peeking out of the grandfather clock! You will need to post a picture of him in his new home.

    Everything looks delicious to me, especially the monkey bread. YUM! We all love that stuff too. Our favorite time to have it is on cold weekend mornings or late nights.

    Have fun at the Hillcrest Homestead bringing in the new year!

    ReplyDelete