Saturday, January 15, 2011

Valentine Day Displays and other goodies!

Hi my Prims, I haven't posted in a while and I think I better because I have received cards, emails and PM's asking "is everything okay" !!! I feel very blessed to have alot of prim/ Colonial friends out there that really care. I have posted on other blogs but just have been very busy with stocking up for a new year at the store and I really enjoy working from home. Our shop has been a real hit and I thank all of you that have ordered from me. I really enjoy doing this, it has become a passion of mine! We hope to update the store site very soon with lots of new goodies for you.

Well, I hope everyone is having a great New Year. Despite the 22 inches of snow that we just got, YUCKY!! Great for sledding! I kept the wood stove burning and had a hot cup of tea and started crafting, watching the snowfall, very pretty from the window, we have a plow that comes and plows us out. I also baked banana nut bread and homemade chicken soup. I boil a whole chicken for the great chicken broth and and then take the chicken out let cool and add my carrots, onions, and celery. With homemade bread, YUMMY and in our yellow ware bowls which I LOVE!!! Then I made a fresh plum pie and HOMEMADE crust and it is very easy and I use my antique pie tins, I like it better than the store pie crust!!! You can tell there is a BIG difference! The family loved it!


I did want to talk about something that was brought to my attention. Alot of gals ask do you decorate Prim or Colonial or country or this new thing call shabby chic. Well I like to say I have my OWN style and this is what my family loves. I don't like to live in alot of dark prim, I like to call my style the Tricia's style. I decorate with Colonial pieces and a touch of prim and it really works for us. I believe that you should decorate the way you want.  So, you and your family are comfortable with your surroundings and that makes your home warm and cozy.

Now for some pictures of Valentine, I still like to decorate for each holiday. I know alot of people feel less is more but NOT this girl, I am still young enough
to decorate for my family and enjoy it!

Picture time.......









My theme tree!

More of my theme tree




I LOVE MY THEME TREE!!!!!!

My prim eggs in an antique bowl!!!!!!

Some more antiques!!!!!
My blue jar collection and other
antique jars that are filled with beans, and rice!
The blue jars have become a real hit! I have some very old ones with air bubbles in the glass.
I love them!

A close up!

Another close up!

I have SO many different color and sizes of yellow ware bowls and
we just love them!!!!! I have about 20 from small to the biggest you can get. I counted I have 4 huge ones and I adore my collection. There are some many things you can do with them!

The yellow ware bowl you see here was alot of $$$$$$$ at the time for us!!!!
I love it. It was my very first one, years ago!

Here is my NEW light that we bought a few months ago. I wasn't sure if I posted this but I wanted one forever and Mr. Hillcrest bought this for me. Thank you Honey!

Well my Prims, that is all for now. Please hug your family more and tell your loved ones you love them. Please be kind to each other and cherish everything you have!

One more thing girls, I have 315 followers and I enjoy your comments and emails
so much and I read every one of them and some really make my heart melt. I decided to do a giveaway when I reach 350 followers, I know you will LOVE the giveaway I will be offering, so please spread the word. International followers are welcome to join.
First, you have to let me know you want to enter.
Post it on your blog sidebar,(3 entries), just let me know.
post it on facebook, spread the word to your friends.
leave a comment on what and how you like to decorate here on the blog, Prim/colonial/country/or shabby chic(2 entries)
Let's see how many followers I get in 2 weeks, here is what I plan to give away.


As you can see, I am giving away a 50" x 60" saltbox throw and the cutest little baby's sailor shirt that is very prim and old, for anybody that loves vintage clothing.

Again, I appreciate each and everyone of you!

Prim Blessings,
Tricia

50 comments:

  1. Hi Tricia, love all your valentine decor. I love all your yellow ware and old jars too. I just love everything!!
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trish, love your hearts and your yellow ware bowls. I have a few, not many. It all looks good.Plum pie with homemade crust, MMMMMM, sounds delicious. I have never had plum pie.
    Have a great rest of the weekend friend.
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tricia!
    I found you through Tonyas' blog! I recognized your pic from APP!
    I just started blogging not long ago, I like what you have done in your home!
    I think you should do what you love, not necessarily follow the current trends. You go girl!
    I love the hearts! I just wanted to stop by and say hello!
    Have a good weekend.
    Blessings,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tricia!
    Love your Valentine decorations! What a great chandelier, I would love one like that too! Looks great!
    I have been drawn to the colonial style more and more, but I still love my prims! Makes my home feel cozy!
    Good for you on all your followers! Shows what a sweetie you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome goodies ! Sure wish you were closer to help me decorate . I'd run off with your goodies sis . LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Tricia, so glad to see you post.
    Please sign me up I will share on my sidebar
    I love your pictures and I am with you I do my own style a little country a little cabin, a lot of fishing stuff since we live at a lake
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pictures of your home and Valentine goodies! Your theme tree is darling-I love that you mixed the kitchen goods with the hearts and such. After all, our kitchens are th hearts of our homes!!!
    Please enter me in your giveaway and I will post on my sidebar.
    Blessings,
    Sheila
    http://seasonsofthyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trish, I love your home and all of your wonderful collections!! I love the old canning jars and yelloware bowls. I love decorating in country and prim a mixture. It doesn't matter to me if it matches or not, if I like it I decorate with it, because I am the queen of my castle. He He
    I am a new follower, what an awesome giveaway. Love the throw and little sailor shirt. Please enter me in your giveaway and I have posted it on my sidebar. Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tricia, I'm a new follower and new blogger. Love your Valentine photos. I like to decorate with alot of country. I too don't like alot of dark prim. Have a great week.
    Becky
    http://becky-gingercremehollow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tricia,
    First off, WOW!! Your home looks Amazing!!
    Of course it always does. ;)
    Im drooling over your collection of jars and crock bowls.
    Not to mention your new light and wonderful Valentine decorations.
    Wonderful!!

    Yes, Please enter me into your giveaway!!
    I am a follower and I will post about it on my sidebar.
    Plus, I think Im more of Colonial,Primitive gal. But I'll leave it up to you which of the two catagories you think I best fall under. ;)

    Also I will post about it next time Im on Facebook.

    Thanks so much,
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the yelloware..Of course I want in on your wonderful giveaway.I've been a follower.I like a mix like you.. I love colonial prim but around here you find more early settler and farmhouse items so I go with all three styles.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tricia,
    I love the bowls with fillers in them and the theme tree! The light looks great...what a sweet Hubbby! I like to decorate in Prim/Colonial. I will add you on my facebook and blog sidebar!!!!! ttys on APP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tricia! I love everything in your blog that I don't know where to start!! The Salt Box Throw is a fantastic Giveaway and please enter me in your contest. I would just love to be able to put this over my sofa. I'm also mentioning this on my blog. http://thefrugalcountrycottage.blogspot.com/

    Good Luck to everyone who enters!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tricia! OK this is the 3rd time I'm trying to post a comment (the other two never appeared)

    I love just about everything on your blog that I don't know where to start! What a fantastic Giveaway! That Salt Box Throw would look just great on my sofa (fingers crossed). I'm also going to mention this on my blog. http://thefrugalcountrycottage.blogspot.com/

    Good Luck to everyone who enters!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to enter your contest. I decorate like you and I also have a large collection of yellow ware bowls. I am a follower of your blog and will post your giveaway on my blog. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good evening, Tricia. I have given this a lot of thought over time. I think the definitions of country/prim/colonial get skewed. I have ALWAYS loved antiques. I have a lot of antiques. I love to buy things and make them over so they look older. But, while I love the look of really old stoves and fridges and other appliances, I want the nice new ones that make work easier. I also want a nice comfy sofa to sit on and a nice big, comfy bed.
    I like warm, soft bath towels and zippers and even velcro. I like some of the prim things, like grungy candles. So I guess I fit into the eclectic style. I like some of it all. I like flowers and hearts, stars and wood, big fluffy pillows and quilts.
    I collect yellow ware, as well as many other things. I have several of the same ones as you do! It is an awesome antique.
    I have followed your blog for some time. I would love to be entered into your giveaway!
    I am posting on my sidebar and on my facebook page. Sharing the love........
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very lovely!!! Everything looks so nice! I love yelloware!!! That basket is so sweet and so simple...and btw, LOVE that saltbox house print in the back! <3

    I would love to be entered in your giveaway if I may! I saw this on Linda's (Parker's Paradise FB page!!!) I am also posting on FB and I am certainly a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Tricia, I am praying this doesn't show up multiple times, but I am so lost in the world of Blogging! However, your home is beautiful, your family sounds the same. I love the new chandelier and also the theme tree! I would love to be entered in your drawing, I have just the place for that adorable little sailor shirt :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tricia,
    I have followed your blog since I first started back in June. Your decorating style has been a huge inspiration. I love antiques and family heirlooms.

    After restoring The Cabin in Colorado I have fallen in love with what I call "Cabin Primitive", using period and primitive items to reflect the kind of spirit that lived in The Cabin in the late 1800's. I now have brought that same look into our 110 year old southern Missouri home as well. That way I don't miss the Cabin so much. I believe we should decorate with the style that makes us feel comfortable and complete.

    Back to your post, I love your Theme Tree, nice to have a lighted tree up year around. Enter me into your wonderful give away, vintage clothing is my passion. I will post your Country Store on my sidebar, since I know how to do that now...wow for me.
    Prim Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Sweeties, finally getting over here to see what you've been up to! LOVE your awesome displays, they're all wonderful! But....I'm crazy for your theme tree and all it's goodies! Always love seeing how others decorate them year round. And yes, please enter me in your AWESOME giveaway! Posted your link in my sidebar. Thanks and hope you have a wonderful day!
    Hugs Libs (LIB-O, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tricia, I love your Valentine decor! Your home looks wonderful - so cozy. I used to decorate country but have been changing over to decorate prim and colonial. Love your new chandelier.

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  22. I forgot to say that I love the Prim/Colonial style of decorating because it brings back feelings of yesteryear, true family values and love as it should be today. A time when things were hard, yet love held it all together. And with every piece you have to wonder about it's history, where it's been and where it came from, was it a special gift to someone, and if they loved it as much as you do. Prim/Colonial decorating surrounds us with history and stories of days long gone, yet gives a warm and hearty welcome to all who enter in. But most of all I love it cause IT LOOKS AWESOME, lol!
    Hugs Libs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Tricia!
    I wanted to thank you for inviting to join in the giveaway, really I was just excited when I saw your picture! LOL!
    I guess I am a bit of a mixture, I like primitives, some colonial, and a bit of cottage. I blend the three styles, it seems to work for me.
    I will attempt to link you to my sidebar, I have my hubby here, so yippee, hopefully he can help me with this! LOL!
    Have a great evening,
    Blessings,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's me again!
    We tried to add you to the sidebar, but there's no link, it wouldn't work. We tried linking to your blog, but it wouldn't work.
    Do you have a link for this someplace?
    Thank you,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Please enter me . I follow already , posted on my blog and fb . I like to put a twist on my decor I call it Prim / shabby / vintage . I combine the 3 to get a look that is prim , but not too dark , Dark things tend to depress . There is a way to decorate without taking away the warmth and cheer of a home , without it having to be dark all the time . (:

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Tricia,
    I would love to be entered in your generous giveaway! I am certainly a follower!
    Love all the Valentines Day decor and your background!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Tricia...love your style it all is beautiful..I collect the canning jars too love them....I would love to be entered in your sweet giveaway....
    Have a Blessed day
    Tonja

    ReplyDelete
  28. Added you giveaway to my sidebar...you can find it here...
    http://woodshomestead.blogspot.com/
    Thanks
    Tonja

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello-
    Your house is AMAZING!!! Love the yelloware and the canning jars. (and everything else) LOL
    I am a new follower.
    Please enter me in your give away.
    I just started to redecorate/paint etc... and I'm going for the primitive look....
    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Tricia - What a great giveaway - I just love the saltbox throw!
    #1 - Please enter me in the giveaway
    #2 - I will post this on my blog in the giveaway section on the right sidebar
    #3 - I will post this on my Ravenwood Whimzies facebook page
    #4 - My decorating is a mixture of country/victorian and primitive - sounds strange I know, but I love so many things about them all! Each room is a little different in style, but they all seem to flow beautifully.
    Thanks for offering this great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What time is dinner? It sounds good..I love your bowls..Love primitive style..please enter me in the great give away..thank you

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oops...I did finally remember to post of my FB page, so if you checked, it is up now!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, Trish! I would love to be entered!
    I will post this on my sidebar...
    I decorate kind of prim, Victorian and
    a touch of colonial...Whatever I like...
    I do not decorate for all the seasons,
    just the ones I like the best!

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful giveaway! I love decorating and have gone with different styles, my living room is victorian cottage, my bedrooms are country with a little shabby and the kitchen is prim.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey Tricia, I received your message and will be calling you back real soon. That's awesome to hear that your store has done real well this past year! I would so love to do that, maybe one of these years when the kids are older. All that delicious home cooking has me hungry, yummy!

    Lovely Valentine decor. Love the theme tree too. I collect old jars and the blue is my favorite. I have them sitting in my garden window in the kitchen and they are so very pretty when the sun shines through them! My favorites are the ones with air bubbles, you just know they are old.

    Yes, please enter me in your giveaway! I have posted it on the sidebar of my blog. Well, my style is exactly like your style, it's "Angie" style, hehe! My home is filled with mostly family heirlooms and antiques that I have been collecting for over 20 years. I love to look at pictures of the Colonial style, but I think I tend to lean more towards the black, barn red, and mustard colors of the prim style.

    Thanks for the chance at your wonderful giveaway! Have a great week~

    ReplyDelete
  36. Tricia ,everything looks wonderful !Love all your Valentine prims .You know me ,I decorate in the prim colonial style ,I find I am being pulled more to the colonial side of things. Congrats on your followers and your store !Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  37. Please include my name in your wonderful drawing,Tricia !It was brought to my attention that I forgot to ask to be included .LOL! You know I am forgetful.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello Tricia! What wonderful pictures from around your home! You decorate so well! It's great your store is doing well. Good for you!

    I'd love to be entered in to your fantastic giveaway - I was so thrilled that you have opened it up to international followers! Thanks so much!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a great giveaway! It's hard to believe that you're willing to part with such great treasures, but I'd love to be their new owner!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Howdy Tricia:) Yes, I'd love to be entered in your generous giveaway. Your collection of yellowware is awesome and isn't it satisfying setting a piece of history on your shelf? Cool! I'll put your giveaway on my blog and spread the word. Thanks gal! Happy days!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  41. I just found your blog today! I love all of your vintage canning jars!

    I tend decorate in my own style. Touches of retro and vintage with some prim added in. It works for me!

    Love the giveaway! Thanks so much for the chance to win! I'm adding myself to your followers after leaving this comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Tricia, it's been a very long time since I've left a comment on your blog although I do read it every chance I get :) I would love to be entered in your giveaway! I will post it on my sidebar and facebook and while I love to decorate prim country style, part of my home is owned by 5 kids so their tastes are very drastic to what I like if you can imagine, lol, NASCAR, and lime green and purple paint etc. Thank goodness for doors :D
    Hope you had a lovely weekend and are staying warm!
    Many hugs, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  43. I just found your blog and love it!! Please enter me in the giveaway. I decorate with any thing that fancies me, if I like it, I find a place for it. I started my blog and will put it on my sideboard IF I can figure out how to do it! Blessings, Linda from WV

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hiya Tricia...please enter me in your great giveaway! I have been a follower. I'm a prim decorating gal...lol!
    Thanks!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  45. I too love the colonial prim look but I'm just not getting the mix right. I love all your pictures. The yellow ware and filled jars are a favorite of mine.
    Fabulous giveaway. I will put it up on my blog right away. Good luck reaching 350 followers. I know you will do it!
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am a follower. Please put my entry in for the giveway. Be sure to check out my giveway.
    Thanks
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  47. PS: Forgot to tell you I like the Early settlers look. Lots of drieds, wood, muslin, homespun etc.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  48. Awesome pics of your home and just love the tree! Would love to be entered in your giveaway. I am a follower and I love to decorate in prim and country decor.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hey, tricia, I don't kow how I missed this one.... Please enter me in your giveaway! ia m a follower....
    So my decorating sytle is prim, lots of antiques and a hint of colonial! Thanks! OLM

    ReplyDelete