Wednesday, February 16, 2011

BEEN TWEAKING AROUND..CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!!

HI my Prims, I can't for Spring. I have been tweaking around our Homestead and enjoying every minute of it! I am adding some of my Spring things here and there. It just makes you feel that Spring is inside our home!

Here are a few things I have done so far....
I really love the look of this corner, my stackables and my bunnies in our antique chair. Our Grandfather clock that we love it has been in Mr. Hillcrest's family from his Great, Grandfather to his Grandfather to Mr. Hillcrest. There is another clock also that was brought down to him. Each of our sons will have one to bring into their families and I have my Grandmother's baking bowls that I will be passing on and old quilts that have been brought down from the family on my side. Then of course all the antiques that we collected that will be brought down to our sons and on and on and there will be stories to everything single piece.

a
Here is another spinning wheel I have in our livingroom and a wooden barrel and I put my saltbox on top of that but of course I forgot to light it when I took this picture. The old farmhouse cabinet you see, Mr.Hillcrest bought for me years and years ago at a farmhouse. It was in the person's kitchen and they stored can goods for the winter months, I love it so much so I put some bowls and jugs ect.
Here is a close up.


Another thing I have been tweaking but I am not to happy with it, so I will be changing it soon,

I wanted to show you what I have been working on.

It is not done yet, but I am enjoying doing it .
It is very relaxing and I am going to be making alot more. I am also going to do a pinkeep and I am excited about that and also I am going to do a rag quilt my very first rag quilt and I am VERY EXCITED about that!!!!!


Here is another redware plate, it looks brown or black but it is RED!
I have a few more peices now and I will be putting them together somewhere and then I ordered a RED WARE sign that I will be hanging up over my collection.

There are alot of great things happening behind Hillcrest Homestead.
I have my gardens  mapped out and ready to go. We will be opening our in ground pool and painting our wrap around deck and our home need a face lift after this very HARSH winter weather. We are going to hire someone and a team to come and paint the whole house. The gardens are for me to do I have 4 big gardens and I will be adding more flowers again this year. I can't wait to feel the sun on my face and smell the dirt and start digging and planting in my new flowers.
Mr. Hillcrest always takes me to Weston flower shop which is right here in Hopkinton for Mother's Day and I pick out all my perrinals. I add about 6 new one's each year. I love them because they come back EVERY YEAR!

Here is the night of Valentine's Day.

I made those Valentine cupcakes and the whole family enjoyed our Valentine dinner and just being together. If you see on your left I got Mr. Hillcrest a BIG Chocolate Kiss XOXOX...Of course the boys each got something...

This is what the boys got, I do it every year. Just to let them know how much we love them!!!!

When I cook and bake that is my gift to them everyday because I cook and bake with alot of love for my family and when I see them all enjoying everything I cooked and baked that to me fills my heart.

Til next time my Prims,
Remember to be kind and caring for the ones you love!!!!


Prim Blessings,
Tricia

8 comments:

  1. Tricia,
    Beautiful Displays gorgeous home and lovely Valentine's for your family! U R Special!
    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also very anxious to start a new garden in our new home. I didn't draw a map for the veggies yet but I did figure out what I want to plant out in front. It will help make this house a home.
    I will be having company the first week in March and my friend and I will be making our own original patterns for a doll and something else..I am really looking forward to get together with a friend and do some crafting :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tricia, everything looks lovely!! You have so many wonderful prims. I love the stitchery you are working on, I enjoy doing those prim stitcheries too.
    Have a great day!!
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia your home is beautiful. Wish I had you to help me get mine to look they way I want it too. Sounds like your family had a nice Valentines Day. Love the table settings.

    I am so ready for spring to get here. I'm tired of snow and mud. I need fresh vibrant colors all around my yard. We too need to do some porch painting at our home. The list seems to be growing longer each day. Hopefully we will get to it all soon.

    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tricia everything is just lovely !Love that corner with all your stacked things. Looks like Spring is on it's way . LOL! You have a beautiful home and I enjoy it so much when you post new pics. Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice displays! Love the old cabinet very much. ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Tricia,
    Your home is so beautiful and the people in it fill it with love - how very special.
    I like your wooden bowl collection - very nice.
    What a sweet Valentine's dinner.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete