Hi my Prims,
I wanted to show you a few pictures of some Spring items that I have put out because I don't know about the rest of you but I CAN'T wait til Spring comes and I can work in my gardens and sit on my deck with ice tea and feel the sun hit my face.
So here are a few extra goodies I put out. I hope you enjoy..
Some carrots I made and I added a couple of prim eggs in my wooden bowl. I put this display on my stove board that I am always changing for VERY holiday.
Here is another display on my stove board with small gourds, I think they are to darn cute.
Here is the picture of the whole display put together, if you have noticed the stove board isn't on my stove because I was cooking something in the oven!!!!
In the livingroom I added a couple of prim carrots in my wooden bowl.
A friend sent this to me years ago and I just love it,I can't wait to see the real flowers like that outside!!!
Another new item..
This I did a re-do and I put this in our bedroom, it is there for now but I am always changing things around!
Here is a crock that Mr. Hillcrest bought for me and I love. I feel blessed that my Husband and I have the same passion for the older things in the era of the 1800's.
I love to make our house a home with things that we love and we surround our self's with things we love. Our collection has grown through the years of old wooden bowls,crocks,jugs,old quilts,old antiques such as the old shaker rocking chair that we love,we also collect blue jars, we have 2 spinning wheels,mashers, samplers, firkins, old wooden boxes and wooden crates, yellow ware, red ware, coverlets and now we are collecting pewter. We also have colonial lights that we just love. The lights just give that warm and inviting feeling in our home.
When we walk in our home we feel like we have walked back in time and it is a great feeling of warmth and it is very inviting for our family and friends. When our family and friends say we just don't want to leave it makes you feel so good inside, because that is my goal to bring back that era.
I always loved the smell of a prim shop and now after all these years when you walk in it does smell like a prim shop. I had a luncheon for some of my prim friends and they noticed it right away and right there I knew I have done something right. We were going to go prim/colonial shopping but we were having such a great time eating and chatting and laughing that the time flew by so we will be making our shopping trip in a couple of weeks.
You can't beat having great friends and great food.
I leave you with this, a pillow that I made and I am proud of. I really enjoyed making it.
So my friends be kind to one another!!
Til next time...
Prim Blessings,
Tricia
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Your Sping decor is wonderful Trisha...wishing mine was out but it's still so cold and so much snow that my heart isn't in it yet...soon though I hope.
ReplyDeleteYour home sounds so wonderfully Prim and isn't it wonderful when the whole family has the same love for things...makes it really feel right doesn't it.
Karen
Thanks for sharing all your spring items, love the carrots. I think we are all ready for spring, this is the earlist I have ever put out spring things. The pillow you made, I love it, great job. Those little things just add the right touch to a home. Vicky
ReplyDeleteI love it all! Especially that bowl with the carrots! So cute!
ReplyDeleteCarmen and the Primcats
Hi Tricia,
ReplyDeleteI cant wait for Spring!!!
Love all your displays of Spring goodies.
You have such a talent for decorating.
Take Care,
Tam
Tricia love the pillow you made !Great job on it.I am so looking forward to Spring. Your touches of Spring bring a smile to my face . You and hubby have made a wonderfully warm and inviting home for your family and friends .Hugs,Jen
ReplyDeletelove all your displays. I am thinking I need to get one of those oven boards to go on top of my stove... yours looks so wonderful. Thanks for sharing some spring with us.
ReplyDeleteSabrina
Hi Tricia, all of your spring items are just wonderful. Your little pillow is adorable!! I always enjoy the pictures of your home, it truly is so warm and inviting. I can see why friends don't want to leave.8-)
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Lorna
Everything looks so nice! I don't have any spring out yet -- but am sooooo ready!! I just put some St. Patty's Day stuff around -- we have Irish on both sides, so we MUST celebrate!! Then the spring will come out in full force!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your spring touches!
I love all you spring gatherings. I need to get in gear and get my decorating done.
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing you pics.
Kathy
I love your spring decor.
ReplyDeleteI am waiting for spring to get here too!
Seems we spend our summers much the same. My flower garden is a place of peace & relaxation for me as I sip my iced tea. Your stove board display is great. Love the family pillow you made. Your carrots are great. I started some last night made from muslin. Blessings! Lara
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful time with your friends! I totally agree with you. I relish the moments when people tell me my home is so inviting and comforting. You can't help but put on a big smile, right? It's very comfortable for us but I want all who enter to feel welcomed and right at home. The prim/colonial decor just has its own way of doing that. I think that's one of the main reasons we all love it so very much!
ReplyDeleteYour little touches of spring are beautiful! Love the prim carrots, so cute!