Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fall is going to be here in a blink of an eye!

HI my Prims, I just wanted to stop in to let you all know I have been VERY busy! My shop Hillcrest Home Prims  has been very busy. I have been getting alot of orders and I will be stocking Christmas items by the end of Oct. So, keep watching!
I have been busy starting to make a quilt with a group of great women that I posted about sometime in March or April. I am very excited about this,great friends,great conversations and great food!!
 I also bought this cute cabinet and I did a re-do. I painted it black and it is in the bedroom. Here is a picture...

I also bought this colonial candle holder and hang it above my cabinet...
So the pic is blurry, but the candle holder I bought is different.There is a cover on the top so when
you light the candle it protects your wall. I really love it!

I love to make our home warm and cozy.

Well we are getting our oldest son Steve-o ready for his second year of college, he will be a Sophomore this year in college. Steve-o has become a fine young man and his Father and I are so proud of him and the choices he has made in his life. He worked all summer a full-time job and part time job at night, with a few days off for a few day trips etc.
So, now it is back to the books!!! I still keep thinking about our Steve-o graduating from High School and now he is a Sophomore in college. I have to say Steve-o is still very close to his High School friends and here are some pics. that I didn't post of his High School graduation.
I have to say I also been scrap booking this summer and I still get tears in my eyes because as a Mother I see my sons grow up right in front of my eyes but to FAST!!!!!!!

Our youngest son Matthew is going to be a Junior in High School this year. It is a big year for him because he will be looking at alot of college's this year that he is interested in! Matt does VERY well in school so we know he will be accepted to the one he really wants to attend. I have to say he is our little FIRE BALL,and we are very proud of him!! His Father and I just keep telling him reach for the stars kiddo,you have the whole world in front of you!  High School goes back August 30th can you believe that!!!Where did the summer go??? I have no idea!
Here is our Matthew....

Matt loves his board. Alot of his friends ride on their boards for hours!!!!
This one he got for Christmas last year!!!!

Well, here we go time to start to decorate for FALL.
I think alot of us love FALL TIME because of the turning of the leaves on the trees, the warm reds, the beautiful oranges and the bright yellows.
I also love the cool days and cool nights. I love to bake and cook. Taking our trips to Sturbidge and the mountains in New Hampshire with Mr. Hillcrest and sometimes our sons come and we make a day of it!!!

Here is a couple of fall things I already put up!!

More fall pictures to come!
I hope you all have a great day and be kind to one another and give extra hugs and kisses to the one's you love!
Till next time
Blessings,
Tricia

12 comments:

  1. Hi Tricia, You have two sons to be so proud of. Such smart and handsome guys. I am being remind daily how fast kids grow up. I guess I realized that with my own daughter who is now almost 30, was little, but now with my granddaughter Darbee Rae. She is almost 4 already and it seems like yesterday I witnessed the miracle of her birth. Love your fall decor so far. I so want to decorate but it was 98 degrees here yesterday. I will be so thankful when we feel some fall in the air. Can't wait to see more of your fall displays. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all Tricia, such handsome boys you have , your Matthew and my Zane are so much alike its unreal! Hope you are hanging tough praying for ya girlfriend , email me and let me know what you want holiday wise for the shop ! Have a great day sweetie ! love lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia~ You're boys becoming such young men.You and hubby did such a wonderful job raising them.Yes I'm ready for fall too.My favorite time of year.So glad your little shop has been busy such a blessing.Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tricia,
    You have three nice looking boys there! :) I agree time does go too fast.
    Love your Fall things. I'm ready to decorate for Fall, too. Just love those rich, warm colors!
    So glad that your shop has been busy - that's a good problem to have, isn't it?!
    Enjoy that last bits of time with your boys before school and college take over once more.
    :) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. What handsome boys you have..and yes they do grow up so fast...my kids are 30 and 27 already...with my grandkids being 8 and 4. Love your fall decorating...I'm getting int he mood too! Take care, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such handsome young men you and Mr. H have raised Tricia!! You can be so very proud! Love your new cupboard! Looks awesome how you have it decorated....and all for fall goodies look wonderful too....I usually try to wait for September, but found that I've been tucking pumpkins and such here and there already....guess I better take down the Americana b/c red, white & blue doesn't go so well with black and orange!! ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have two sons too. Your sons seem to be embarking on grand adventures. It does go by too fast. My two are 23 and 20...both on their own now. I dream about them when they were babies. I love your little cabinet and candle holder. I'm on the lookout for a nice wall cabinet for our dining room. Have a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely post. The photos are wonderfula nd I love what you've added for Fall!

    Maggie/Maggie's Lil' Fixins

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your boys are wonderful...I have two sons too, isn't it the best!! They grow way to fast! ~Kriss~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Trish,
    Love your cabinet and your new goodies.
    Yes, Fall will be here soon!!!
    Our schools started back last week.
    Summer went by way too fast!
    Mitch started back at college this week.
    And they both are already complaining wanting summer break to hurry up and get here. LOL!!
    Take Care,
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Trish,
    I LOVE your new cabinet, you did a great job decorating it!! You should be one proud Mama...you have two great sons you and Ken has done an awesome job raising them to be fine young men. Oh my goodness I can't wait until Fall it's been a brutal Summer here in South Carolina!!!

    Hugs,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, love that cabinet! You have it decorated very nice and prim!

    Great pictures of your boys! I am a scrapbooker also. You know the time goes by fast but when you sit and scrapbook the pictures and the memories... you realize just how fast it's going! Enjoy your time with your boys, keep on making those precious memories!

    ReplyDelete