Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy Summer

Hi my Prims,
It has been crazy busy here. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, on Father's Day!

I know that it is summer time. It is time for grilling,cookouts,making smores on the fire pit, fireworks, swimming in our pool,planting flower's,
taking day trips, exploring the wonderful state we live in and all the history that is right in our back door,sitting on our deck and watching our humming birds that we just love to do and there are so many of them,going to the ocean and collecting sea shells, having seafood, bike riding, talking walks and exploring, I could go on and on but it is a fun time. Even though it is summer time I love to keep our homestead warm, cozy and inviting.
Here are a few pictures......


My old bucket and put flower's in it. I love it and the prim flag in my watering can.


Here is my sweet basil and my sweet mint for my homemade sweet ice tea and my BF Dana is giving me her recipe that she makes from the South.

Do you see anything new, the mat it is blue and tan. LOVE it!Also in the wooden bowl is all my prim cookie cutters.


All my panrty jars, I ordered prim labels and will be pasting them to the jars and putting cheese cloth on top of all of them, so this is not all done yet.
The yellowware that you see is a candle and smell delightful.

Here is my prim display at night. I love the soft light glow at night.

You all saw this piece before but I changed it up. Can you tell what is different?
Yes, the prim baskets. and the iron rod candle holder and the pewter candle holder. I only light them to take a picture becasue I don't want a fire.
I have battery candles that I will be using to stay safe.

Love my baskets.

Added a alittle green to my collection of rolling pins in my crock.

Changed up my stove board for the summer.

Well girls I am done for now.
As alot of you know we are doing a face lift on our home, we have ordered our window's, and siding that is a colonial color and it looks like wood slates but is is really siding. It is more $$$ but so worth it and the roof they are starting next week.
So it is going to be VERY BUSY around here.
I just can't wait to have my new window's in because I have already picked out my coloinal/prim curtains. Hubby said boy you always think ahead right down to the color.
Have a wonderful day. This week is going to be they say 90 to 95 plus starting tomorrow. Pool day, I don't like when it is that HOT!!!!!!!!!

Oh I almost forgot I am celebrating 3 years this June that I started my blog and I will be doing a celebration blog giveaway.
I will post it tonight or tomorrow. There be some great goodies and details will when I post the giveaway!

June Blessings,
Tricia





16 comments:

  1. Tricia,

    Love the use of the nail keg for a flower planter. Never thought to use one for that and now they are getting incredibly hard and expensive when you do find them. I love your spice drawers and door cubby....I am so drooling over them. Maybe I can convince the hubby to make me something similar....probably could find one to buy faster though!

    Sounds like fun with the remodeling. I would love to replace the old wood windows we have in our house and would love new wood ones...can't stand vinyl and the cost oon the wood ones are an arm and a leg...maybe one day. Will look forward to seeing your remodel when you get it done.

    Hope you are feeling well.. Take care.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love looking through your picture trail today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you doing so well.The garden display is wonderful.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, Tricia~ pretty summertime touches at your home~ love the shelf display~
    keep cool~ Whee is it ever hot~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your photos!
    Congrats on 3 years of blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good day, Friend..! sounds like your summer is full of much fun and activities..! Good for YOU! I can't wait to see your New Looks around the homestead...!! So glad to see a post and hope all is well:) Many hugs....!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are one busy girl! Love your new touches to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary. Love gazing a all of your lovely decor! We are having a heat wave up here in Michigan. It was 95 today. If I did not have to work, I would have jumped in the river for sure. Take care, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 3 year blogiverssary!!! I am so happy I found your little piece of the world. Good luck with the renovations. Your home already looks pretty enough for me!! Can't wait to see it all done. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tricia,
    I always like visiting here and seeing your wonderful decorating ideas...very warm and homey...and your description of summer is so spot on...you are so very lucky to live in an area where it's just a few miles to see history and the ocean.
    Enjoy your summer.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tricia, I love all your decorations. You have a good talent there girl! It has been really hot and humid here the last couple of days too but no pool for me, enjoy yours! Have a great week. Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Be blessed!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tricia, Girl, you are so talented! If you ever make a trip to the South you must come decorate my home! LOL, can't wait to see the windows, you have inspired me once again. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tricia, Girl, you are so talented! If you ever make a trip to the South you must come decorate my home! LOL, can't wait to see the windows, you have inspired me once again. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly have been busy. Love your outside pics. Bet you are soooo excited to get that work done on your home. I'd be thinking ahead to what curtains I wanted too. We creative types are like that!
    Wishing you blessings on your day dear. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pictures make me feel so cozy. Love your decor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE all of your watering cans and spice drawers!!! You have such a talent putting displays together!! Your Summer displays are awesome as usual. By the way enjoy your Southern sweet tea!!!

    Blessings,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete