Christmas is the time of year that we celebrate our Lord's Birthday on this
sweet day.
We have a tradition here at Hillcrest Home, when we wake up the boys run
down stairs and come in our bedroom and hop in bed with us and we all hold
hands and we all pray, then we all sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. I know that our
sons will keep this tradition when they have families of their own.
I do believe that families need to have traditions in their families. We have been
doing this since the boys were born.
Then Honey goes and puts Christmas music on and lights the Christmas tree and
lights all the candles and puts logs on the fireplace, then comes and gets us and we then all go
into the livingroom.
Even though our sons are 17 and 14 when they open their gifts, my Honey and I
love to see their faces light up like a Christmas tree and the big smile on their faces,
just seeing that is such a great gift to my Honey and I.
That is the best gift of all, to see my family around the tree smiling and laughing!!!!
I have a picture that I would love to share with you!!
I hope you enjoy it. It is a tree that is in my kitchen. I put up a tree in
every room.

Christmas to my family is:
Christmas smells like bayberries and pine tree our favorite
Logs burning in the fireplace
Smelling the turkey and dressing cooking in the oven
Christmas tastes like crisp apple pies and great eggnog
Homemade cookies and hot chocolate
Mistletoe in the doorway
Presents under the big beautiful Christmas tree
Hearing Christmas music throughout the house and seeing the snow outside
Hearing the laughter of our sons enjoying their gifts
And we should remember it all began in the Manger!!!!!!!!!
God Bless my Prim Friends,
Tricia





What sweet memories! I'm sure your boys will pass down the tradition!
ReplyDeleteTricia what a wonderful tradition!!! Thank you for sharing your fond memories with us!! I LOVE the tree you have in your kitchen. Don't forget to post all your other trees...we won't to see them!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Dana
I would love to see pics of all your trees.
ReplyDeleteThe one in your kitchen is wonderful.
Hi Tricia:) I really enjoyed reading your awesome Christmas story. That is so dear to your heart, I can tell. Such a nice thing to bring a family closer is to remember the reason for the season. Thank you for sharing with us. Blessings, Carol
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful traditon, I think your family is truly blessed.
ReplyDeleteI love your family tradition....what wonderful memories for your family. Loved the tree too!
ReplyDelete