Hi my Prims,
I have been busy since my last post. So, it is time to check in with all of you.
Today is Nov.1st that means you guessed it; it is time for Thanksgiving this month.
Our family really enjoys Thanksgiving. We have alot to be thankful for and alot of giving to do.
I think about the Pilgrims landing here in Plymouth, Mass. and the Indians were so kind hearted to share their Thanksgiving dinner with the Pilgrims and show them how to make a big feast and then invited the Pilgrims to come and sit around the table and eat together. What a beautiful day that must have been!!!
What we do at Hillcrest Home is bake pies the night before, apple and pumpkin. Then when we wake up in the morning, you guessed it we ALL watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on T.V. While we are watching the parade we have cheese, crackers, dips spreads, and a bowl of nuts that you have to crack open and we enjoy watching the parade and even at my age I still to this day get excited to see Santa at the end of the parade,LOL.
So, with the big turkey cooking and smelling the whole house, and the fireplace going, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, but right here at Hillcrest Home with my family!
Then we sit at the table and every year, everyone has to say what they are thankful for, and as I look around every year and see my sons growing up before my eyes and the loving, wonderful husband I am married to, I get tears in my eyes because that is what I am thankful for EVERY YEAR, MY FAMILY!!!!
So, I would love to know what you Prims do on Thanksgiving Day. I would love if you leave me a comment about what you do on my blog and put down that you would like to be in my giveaway, my 1st giveaway, nothing big, but it will be for Christmas. If I didn’t already tell you, Christmas is my FAVORITE holiday!!! Okay get typing my prims and don't forget put in your comment that you want to be entered into the giveaway.
I will announce the winner Nov.16th.
Till next time Prims
God Bless,
Tricia
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Hi Tricia, I'd love to be entered in your giveaway, thanks! Our Thanksgiving varies from year to year, I host it for dh's family every other year. On the years I host I make everything for dinner except the yellow squash type veggies. Every year no matter what I am the baker and make at least a few pies-pumpkin and apple crunch are our favorites. Its a pretty relaxing day and we all enjoy being together.
ReplyDeleteHi Tricia..I would love to be entered in your give away.
ReplyDeleteThanksgiving is the one day of the year that we have a sit down dinner, no buffet style here.
With my 3 married daughters, grand children
and extra guests we number around 22 people.
That is quite a feat seating that many but sometimes we have to just keep adding another table and turn the corner into another room but we do it. And we "pass" the food. Several portions of each item at different ends of the table. As crowded as it is everyone wants to keep the tradition, especially the kids.
Linda
Tricia ~
ReplyDeleteWe always have a huge breakfast with part of the family and late afternoon we always have a sitdown full turkey dinner with all the fixens. It's either here or at one of the families. We all bring a dish to pass (or two) to help the hostess and have a wonderful family time. We all like to share a few gratitudes as well.
Please enter me in your giveaway.
thanks,
Pam
Tricia
ReplyDeleteThanksgiving is a big day for us. I come from a family of 9 children and almost all of the children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren gather, usually at my parent's house. My mom cooks a couple of turkeys and makes dressing. All of us bring a dish and a desert. It is a great day.
I would love to be entered into your drawing.
Vivian
Well Hello Tricia....from Country Plus!!!! This is Lynn from Country Plus!!!!!.....I found you via Grammy Linda's.....welcome to blogland!!!!!! I would love to enter your give away and you can stop by and enter mine and tell me what you are GOBBLING on Thanksgiving! I always go to my SIL's the day before and we cook, cook cook!!! We have all the traditional fixins, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes,gravy, squash, corn , assorted breads, apple pie and a ton of other desserts....and of course my famous cinnamon rolls! Thanksgiving Day is bittersweet for us because we lost my MIL on Thanksgiving 4 years ago.
ReplyDeleteHi, Tasha here from Simple Steps to Simple Living.... I would love to be entered into your drawing as well.
ReplyDeleteWe normally have a very untraditional thanksgiving. We always celebrate Thanksgiving the day after. With everyone in my family coming from different directions(states) we come into town on Thanksgiving night to my moms house. We cook, eat, watch movies, play games and go shopping the day after Thanksgiving.
Welcome to blog land! Be sure to stop by my little piece of blog land as well. ~ Tasha
I hope I'm not to late to enter your giveaway!
ReplyDeleteThis year will be a mall Thanksgiving for us. Hubby andI our oldest son and his friend! Can't wait to get some of those Candied yams! I love the whole meal, think it's my faorite meal of the year!
Hugs,
Vicki
vickitort@hotmail.com
Hi, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! We start the day by running a traditional Turkey Trot in Portland, ME. I cook a traditional dinner with all the fixins' and we eat guilt free, with no other obligations than to run, relax, eat and be thankful for all we are blessed with each and every day!
ReplyDeleteKeep dreaming!