Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My first recipe for the New Year!!

Okay Prims, I promised that I will be posting new recipes and I am. Also, why I love doing this is because I am making a family cookbook for my sons and our future DIL'S, so they will always have their favorites and it can be carried on to our grandchildren. With that said, when I make a new recipe for the first time, I ask everyone at the table if it is a keeper or not. Believe me, I have had a few that were not keeper's!!!

I made this for the second time and wanted to share it with you all, it is nice when it is cold outside, comfort food, for sure!

Pork & Cider Stew:

Photobucket

2 med. sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into pieces
3 sm. carrots, peeled and sliced thin
1 cup chopped onion
1 boneless pork shoulder
(about 2lbs., cut into 1 in. cubes)
1 lg. granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
1/4 c. flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup apple cider

Layer sweet potatoes,carrots,onion,porkand apples in a 31/2 qt. pan or slow cooker
Stir flour,salt and pepper in a small bowl to combine.
Add apple cider,stir unitl smooth, pour over meat and vegetables.

Cover and cook on low (slow simmer) for 7 to 9 hours until pork falls apart

You will love this stew. The first time I made it was the this past autumn so
I hope you all enjoy this recipe for next fall, but
I just made it tonight (and so can you all), with corn bread. It was a hit!!!

Here is a picture, Let me know if you are going to try it,and if you do, let me know
how it came out!!!

Photobucket

Till next time my prim friends
~~~~God Bless~~~
Tricia

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry but I didn't check my spelling before I hit send......


    That looks like a yummy dinner. I wish I was at your home this evening. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy to me - but DH won't eat sweet potato. I might try it with regular though. I love pork and apples together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!!! This sounds so good I'm with Linda pork and apples go great together. I'm going to try this one and I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us!!!

    Blessings,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tricia,

    This looks good! Thanks for checking out my blog. I appreciate all my followers.

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tricia ~
    It sounds absolutely delicious. We love sweet potatoes and they are so good for you. Love pork and apples together, too. A very Happy New Year to you and your family.
    warm hugs ~
    Pam

    ReplyDelete