Friday, July 30, 2010

Autumn Blessings coming soon and Fall pillows I made!

Hi My Prims, I have been working on one good size fall pillow and two small ones to tuck somewhere like a basket or tuck on a shelf. I do NOT
know how to cross stitch so I did my way and I love the way they came out. I did tea die the cloth and put a fall print on the back which I will show you!
So here is the first one:

I love the way it came out and it says Pumpkin Patch!!! Here is the back of it,

I love these fall colors, I am proud of myself. I really can not wait to start to decorate for fall. Here are the small ones:

Of course the backing is the same pattern, I thought I took a picture of the third one but I guess I didn't! So, I have been looking through my magazines and getting inspired to start to decorate if i start now my family will think I lost my mind so I do have to wait until Sept. 1st. That is when everything is coming out!!!

I wanted to let you gals know that we have a friend that is living here in our yard and we just love her, I do not know if it is a her but that is what we think,having two sons it is nice to say its a girl, here she is :

She is NOT afraid of us at all, and Mr. Hillcrest named her SUMMER!
Here is one more picture of SUMMER:

We see her in the morning and in the evening when we are sitting on our porch!

So back to Fall, these are the reasons why I LOVE FALL:

1. the cool crisp nights
2. the long drives with my Honey to see the amazing trees turn from green to gold, yellow and red they are just spectacular!
3. making comfort food
4. hot cider
5. apple picking
6. hayrides that we do every year
7. making the first apple pie for the season
8. decorating inside and outside of our home
9. trying out new recipes
10. snuggling up in my favorite quilt with a good book or magazine like CS
11. making pumpkin cookies and the smell that goes through the house
12. making homemade soups
13. again cool days and crisp nights with the windows opened

Now tell me what you LOVE about Fall time!!!
What are you favorites things to do!!

Don't forget about the giveaway August 5th you still can sign up become a member, and put it on your blog and your name will go in twice. Good luck everyone!

Untlil next friends,
Blessings,
Tricia

13 comments:

  1. those look amazing Tricia!you did a great job ,im so ready for fall too.have a great weekend.blessings michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tricia :) Thanks for stopping by my blog so I'm returning the favor and following yours now also. Very cute blog!! Have a great weekend!! ~ Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tricia...I love your pillows. They will look so good "tucked" in for Fall.
    Linda/simplycountryseasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia thank you for joining my new blog and leaving such a sweet comment!! I just LOVE your Fall pillows you've done a great job on them. I wish so bad I could learn to stitch.I just can't sew for the life of me. I'm looking forward to Fall too.... here in South Carolina it is soooo hot we need a break from this extreme heat we have been having. Hope you and your family have a great weekend.

    Blessings,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tricia, what a great job you did on the pillows...I must say this is one item I never liked making and maybe it's because I'm not fond of sewing on a sewing machine....I like hand stitching.
    I love all your reasons to love Fall and I love them too...it's my favorite time of year. Summer is the last season I like.

    Good talking to you today Tricia...hope you are feeling much better!
    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tricia, you did a wonderful job on making those pillows! I can't cross stitch either but that is on my "to do' list, lol. I too, also love all your reasons for loving fall! Although our summer seems to be going by so quickly, I am kinda of looking forward to the fall season. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
    ~Trish~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tricia I forgot to tell you I added you to my blog roll so I hope that gets you even more visitors to your blog!!! Have a great week!!

    Blessings,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tricia, I love your blog!! Love the pics of your home and family and all the great places you've visited. I looked back several pages and really enjoyed the journey!! Love the pillows, I don't stitch too well,sewing I can do, even make my husbands shirts, but my stitching is definitely primitive. So it fits well in my prim decor. 8-)
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, me and Fall go wayyy back;) I love fall for most of the reasons you stated in your post. The crispness in the air, apple picking and pumpkin picking. Baking in the kitchen and all the lovely smells. I love to decorate with the earthy colors of fall throughout my home. I love to take walks in the fall, it doesn't feel like an ending of anything for me, it feels like the beginning of possibilities. I adore Halloween, it's my fav holiday with Christmas second. But fall also means family and friends watching college football games great comfort food recipes. Thanks for having this post. I'm so looking forward to fall what with all this hot weather we are having this summer. Have a blessed week.

    Cheryl M.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tricia!

    I can hardly wait for Fall! I love the same things you do! But my very favortie is when it actually FEELS ike Fall down here.

    Cute pillows. I think you did a great job on them.

    Take care!
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pillows. And Summer is a cutie for sure. We have a domesticated pet bunny...his name is Petunia cause we 'thought' he was a girl when we found him, but now we 'know' better! LOL!

    Almost forgot...love the cooler days and nights. The wonderful smells of baking apple and pumpkin pies. The fall colors are beautiful too. But most of all I love the fall craftshow circuit...so many nice customers and the money isn't too bad either!

    D

    D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tricia! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice message for me. I am definitely new at this blog thing - though I have been a "lurker" at a bunch of blogs for a while. I love your Fall pillow! And your list of reasons for loving Fall made me smile - especially the one about trying new recipes - I do that more in Fall, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute, cute pillows! You did a great job on the stitching!

    I'll just ditto your fall list... there is not one single thing I dislike about fall. I'm ready for it now!

    ReplyDelete