Friday, July 16, 2010

Giveaway/Prims/Colonial displays!

Hi Prims, I just wanted to let you all know that I will be drawing a name Aug.5th in honor of our friend who passed away 8 yrs. ago and she is the one that set my Hubby and I up, we call her our Angel!! She is deeply missed!
DO NOT forget the giveaway gift will be from our selling blog and I know you will LOVE it!!!!!

Now, I took some pictures of my home and wanted to share a few of them with you!

Here is my kitchen and I just love my kitchen because it is the HEART of our home!We cook, eat, talk, laugh and play board games there!!!!

Here is my NEW yellow ware bowl that I bought and I just love it. I am going to put all my bowls in my hutch but I just wanted to show you girls what I bought. I am a big collector now on all different color bowls. The next picture you will see a bowl that I bought in TN when we were on vacation!

On your left that is the bowl that I bought in TN at an antique shop and we had it mailed because we didn't want it to break on the airplane!!! The bowl you see on your right is from the Mill Antique shop here in Mass. I also am collecting the blue glass jars the one on your left is very different because you can see air bubbles in the glass, you can tell it is very old, and I just loved it, it was Mr. Hillcrest that noticed it and then we bought the other one you see as well and had them shipped home! So my collection altogether I have 4 of the blue jars!!! LOVE them!!!

Here is the top of the hutch with our antique ice cream maker and I think that is one of my favorite pieces, thanks to Mr. Hillcrest's great eye!! I feel very lucky that I have my husband, best friend that likes to come and shop with me. But there are sometimes he will pull in and say okay Honey I am going to stay here in the car but take your time!! What a great husband I have. I am truly blessed!

I love all my bread boards and wooden bowls and the carrier that Mr. Hillcrest made for me!!! The corn muffin iron pan which is very heavy is a new piece!

My table riser that Mr. Hillcrest made for me. I can't work with tools. I would cut a hand off or break something, LOL so thank goodness he does these things when he finds time! There is my other yellow ware bowl and that one is old and love it of course!

Other picture of our kitchen. The door you see goes to our third bathroom!

Here is our bedroom and we just love it. This is where we can come and unwind from the day. We read and relax. I love my bonnets that I bought and put up over our bed!!!!! Another small table bench that my Honey made me for our bedroom!

Another picture of our bedroom!!!!

Here is a full veiw of our bedroom! I am going to do alot of changes so keep these pictures in mind, you see now the before then you will see the after!

I hope you enjoyed alittle tour of our home which we just love!
I hope you all are having a great summer and you are staying cool, because I know I said it so many times, I DON'T like the HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait for fall all ready and decorating our home and I am doing alot of different projects. I am making fall pillows which I am enjoying and then you ALL know my favorite holiday is CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I start to decorate in Nov., I know alot of you think that is crazy but there are NO rules of when to decorate for any holiday, life is short , I say enjoy every minute you have. You should laugh alot and let things roll off your back!!!

Now, don't forget become a member of my blog and leave me a comment and put it on your blog and I will put your name in twice for the givaway! The giveaway is from our selling blog and of course all of you that know me, know I will throw something else in there too as a surprise. So, on your side bar of your blog just let the gals know it is a surprise and come on over and enter!

Thank you all for your sweet and kind and thoughtful comments.
It is because of all of you that inspire me.

Till next time friends,
Blessings,
Tricia

18 comments:

  1. Hi Tricia! How lovely! Your displays are gorgeous!
    I'm just catching up on your posts as we are just back from our trip to Maryland and PA.
    Your trip to TN looked fantastic - I enjoyed seeing all you and the men in your life got up to - really looked like a ton of fun!
    Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great eye candy! Thanks for sharing pictures of your home, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy that you enjoyed your vacation...boys will be boys, right. lol I LOVE your bedroom. That coverlet is just beautiful. I can't wait to see the treasures you picked up on your trip. I have your surprise giveaway posted on my blog...or at least I THINK I do. This whole blogging thing is new to me. Not sure if I will ever get the hang of it. ;p Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tour!!!

    I've heard the blue jars with the air bubbles in them are more desired and valuable to collectors!!!

    You have such an amazing collection. I just LOVE the red coverlet on your bed.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tricia, I loved seeing more pictures of your beautiful home and all your collections. Everything is just perfect, thanks so much for showing us! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Tricia....Oh how I love your pretty Prim home...your little touches are just so beautiful.
    I love the Yellow Ware bowls..I have just one but it's so precious to me. It was a gift from my dear husband.

    I like how you have the table riser on the bed...how very pretty and romantic too...(smiling)

    So now you have us anxious for the remakes...don't take too long kiddo.

    I do believe I signed up for your give away. At least i hope so.

    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tricia! Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog! I just LOVE the pics of your home..... it's GORGEOUS! I am a now a follower of your blog as well! Hope you have a great night!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tricia,
    Thanks for the lovely tour of your home, gorgeous! I am now a follower of your blog!
    I live in UK and have a different decorating taste now but have loved prim in the past.
    Heather ~ The Patchwork Heart ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tricia!
    Your home is Prim-utiful!
    I love all your displays such an inspiration.
    I have been proudly following your blog and will post about your giveaway on mine!

    I Love surprises and will keep my fingers crossed!
    Prim Blessin's
    Kerri
    thecalicorabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! You have a beautiful home Tricia!!! Love all your prims!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tricia,
    Thankyou so much for your truly lovely comments about my give away and my new venture into "Selling Blog Land" and for the invitation to come along and enter your giveaway. I am not sure if I am doing right by leaving my entry here on your sharing blog, but here goes anyway. Also,my heartfelt thanks for posting about my giveaway into your forum and for certain I will pop your name into the hat a fourth time as a way of thanking you. Should I get to 100 followers before the closing date on the giveaway I will include a little extra surprise!

    I think I am a follower of your selling blog (I will go double check and if not will be sure to click the follow button) and am a follower on this blog, and I will post your giveaway onto my blog.

    Loved all your pictures, your home is truly warm and inviting!

    Have a great week,
    Warm Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely adore your bedroom hideaway! It is prim perfect and I could spend hours in there! In fact, I love all your displays. You and I collect many of the same things. I just don't have room to show them off ***sigh***. I am going to post this giveaway on my sidebar. I am a follower. My husband is just like your Mr. Hillcrest in that he is always on the lookout for things I like at sales and thrifts! We are lucky women!
    ★ Linda ★

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your home is Prim Perfect! I love seeing all your collections & how you've displayed them.
    Please enter me in your giveaway! I am a follower and I've posted this to my sidebar.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to be entered in your giveaway too. I'm posting your giveaway info on the sidebar of my blog. This is exciting! Love your prim home and your wonderful bowls! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll become a follower right now. What a lovely blog you have. I will add you to my side bar on my blog right away.
    Enter me in your wonderful giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your blog---I found you through another and I'm very please---love all your collections and I will visit you again soon. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a lovely home Tricia! I also collect the blue jars, well I collect all colors. I have them on my kitchen garden window shelves and it's so beautiful when the sun is streaming in.

    I love your collection of bread boards and wooden bowls. I want one of those iron corn muffin pans to use for when I make corn bread. It would be so much easier for the family.

    I love the textiles all over your home. Beautiful prim colors!

    ReplyDelete