Sunday, February 20, 2011

Making our Home warm and cozy!!!

Hi my Prims, as you know Mr. Hillcrest and I went out ALL day yesterday and had a ball. We bought alot for our home that we truly love, and we are also looking into land already for TN where we want to move, sooner than later!!!! It looks like we will need a larger moving truck if we keep shopping for antiques, LOL.

Here is my quilt that I bought yesterday and washed it last night.  It was made by an older lady and it was passed down from her to her daughter to her granddaughter and I was very lucky to buy it! I love the colors, they are all different color blues and some soft pale so here is a far away picture and a close up...
Now, here is a close up..
As you all know if you read my last post, I bought 5 blue jars and already had 4 here, so my Hubby and I went to the hardware store and he me made a shelf and I painted it black and it looks great with the blue jars. It shows up great. So here  it is during the process...
Here is the ALMOST finished...
How I love my blue jars, here is a full view...
One more view because I added a few things, like the black basket that I bought yesterday and the wooden spoons that I painted on your left.
I love it, I am sure I will be tweaking alot this week, but that is what we do. I want our homestead kitchen to be warm and inviting. We want our family and friends to come in and feel at home and NOT want to leave. I have been collecting crocks, scales( which I have 6 of them now), wooden bowls, I have some many I can't count, we have tin punch lighting, homespun curtains and tabacco curtains that we love.I have a stove board that I am ALWAYS changing , I also collect all yellow ware and now I am collecting redware. The last thing I love to do in my kitchen is bake and cook and you will always find me in there doing just that!!!


As you know from my post yesterday we found a firkin that has legs on it and I put it in the livingroom for my Hubby, check it out..

Here are two views...

We love it, also we bought a LARGE firkin that I showed a picture of in my last post and a small one as well, here is where I put them, in our kitchen....
The bottom one is the HUGE one, here is a another shot....
In the bottom is an off white and brown  crock, I put about 5 rolling pins in it but I forgot to take a picture of that, SORRY!!

I am very pleased how it all came together!!!!!
In the livingroom we bought 2 more cheese crocks, at least that is what I call them so now I have 4, here is what they look like in the farmhouse cabinet.
I sure do love old things and we will be adding on a screen porch this summer because we have an in ground pool and a wrap around deck so the top deck will be screened in and maybe we can make it into an all season porch with windows, after that we are going to do a face lift and hire some people to repaint our home and then I will be in my GARDENS!!!! I can't wait for that!!!!

Here are a few more things that I bought and put in our bedroom...
It is kind of dark but it is old blue, old green and old red and we love them!

Here is another makeover I did today, check it out..
 I put it in the hallway..
Another view..
Here is some tweaking I did today..
That is all for now, I am pooped and I am going to sit with my Hubby and have a HOT cup of tea and do a cross stitch that I bought!!!!!

Don't forget I have a BIG surprise to tell all my faithful followers when the time is right.
Til next time my Prims, I hope you enjoyed my post and if you have and ideas of things I can tweak please let me know because I am a very easy going person and that is how we learn from each other.

Please be kind to each other because there are alot of people out there that are MEAN and ROTTEN, and are not worth the time of day.

I know that I am very blessed for the true friends that I have but mostly my family, and sometimes I should have listened to them, even my 19 year old said something after a recent incident and I should have listened.  Can you believe a 19 year old made this statement, "people are not what you think they are", I always am kind and caring and wear my heart on my sleeve and I WILL not change. Een my Hubby was right about alot of people that use you and lie and turn things around, but my true friends here and family know it is BULL,  but enough of that. I know I can lay my head down and sleep with no problem, we ALL have to face our maker one day!!!!

I am here to enjoy colonial, prims and country and share special thoughts and ideas with you!!!

Until next time!!!

Prim Blessings,
Tricia

11 comments:

  1. Wow I just love your pictures of your very prim home, everything looks so perfect, I only wish I had that much prim stuff, lol! One day I will and I will share my pictures with all of you too! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a fantastic night!
    Your friend
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tricia,
    Love your new found goodies!!
    The quilt is beautiful. I love blues!!
    Your jars look wonderful on the shelf your hubby made.
    And WOW! Drooling over your firkins.
    All your goodies are awesome.
    I always love seeing photos of your home.
    When you find your land, save a little corner for me and Brett! LOL!!
    Take Care and have a great week!
    ~Tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia,
    In time you will learn who your true friends are! For now, just enjoy the family who loves and protects you!
    I love your home! All of your goodies you bought yesterday look great with your prim decor! Hubby did a great job on the shelf! I love the blue glass jars! You did a great job re-doing all those pieces. That Firkin looks great next to Hubby's Chair, brilliant! YOU GO GIRL...U R ON A ROLL!!!!! I am proud of you!
    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a sewing firkin on legs, the other day, but it isn't exactly like yours and I am using it as a table, next to my chair. I have a floor lamp next to it, so I put a doll on a bench on it and my coaster for my drinks. I will post a picture of it, one of these days. I love your make overs and the quilt is awesome! TFS

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tricia - Your blog is a lot of fun - you've found some great items! I like to go thrifting but I don't seem to find such great treasures.

    You asked about my cross stitched blessings... They are only little 1 inch squares and shouldn't take so long, but I guess I spend too much time doing other things and its taking me forever!
    Thank you for stopping my blog. I'm happy to follow yours as well.

    ~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tricia, love that quilt!! I have recently fallen in love with blue.8-) Your firkins are great, I recently found some and I was so excited. I need to post them.
    You home looks wonderful, so many wonderful prims!! So glad you share them with us.8-)
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great finds! And you have displayed them all so nicely! Love your blue quilt and blue mason jars -- I, too, love blue!
    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great time shopping and picking up some beautiful new items for your home. It still looks warm and cozy as always. I love the quilt and the blue jars too. Oh the firkin is awesome and I know right where it would go in my home. Next to my chair to hold all my sewing goodies. Have you seen the new blog.
    http://punchdrunkneedleworks.blogspot.com
    Have fun decorating and looking forward to what ever you two are up to in the creativity mode. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tricia my you have been a busy gal ! Loving that gorgeous blue quilt ,it was a great find. The shelf and the new blue jars look wonderful.You know though that my heart belongs to the firkins. LOL! Wow that bottom one really is huge. Enjoying seeing all the tweaking you have been doing .Great job on the makeovers . Keep it up ! Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tricia,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Looks like you have a beautiful home, love all your collections.
    It is always nice to find new friends with so much in commmon. :)
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty blue quilt, love all the different shades that was used for it!

    Of course, you've heard me say lots of times how much I love your jars and I collect them too! I was so stinkin' excited about my last blue jar purchase that I forgot to blog about it! I need to do that, silly me, hehe. I found 4 of the newer aqua jars with eagles on them in graduated sizes, very cute! Not very old, but I love them the same.

    Your home is so beautiful, Tricia! I know you put lots of work into it and it shows so very well. Love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete