Hi my Prims,
Mr. Hillcrest and I took off for the day for a day trip and found some great finds that we could not pass up. We are really enjoying decroating our homestead with alot of antiques!
Here is some things that we did get today...
What a beauty and we could not pass this up the price was to good so it has a new home here behind Hillcrest Homestead!
This was a cool antique item. It is a cabbage slicer, can you believe that. It is also a slicer for alot of other things like vegetables and fruits!!!
I wanted to show you how this box moves back and forth and here is the third picture..
We just found this a cool item. The gentlemen that sold us this told us the story behind it. It was in a barn that he and his wife bought many years ago and they did alot of research on this and that is how they found out about this slicer. The family that lived there ran a farm and it went down to each son and then the last son sold it and everything in the barn and now the slicer it has a new home and will be sent down from generation to generation in our family.
I also bought a very old coverlet with holes in it and everthing and I just fell in love with it, his wife found this also in the barn as well and had in their farmhouse until she passed and she just adored it and when he saw how excited I was about it he gave it to us for a great deal because he said he could tell it was going to a great home. Here is a picture of it...
Here is a close up picture of the print and the color of it..
I am honored to have a piece of history and that I will be able to preserve it for years to come.
Here is a small different kind of crock that we really liked and now we have to find a home for it, I am sure that will not be hard to do.
Here is another blue jar for our collection and we LOVE it!!
Here is some old baby shoes that I have been wanting very bad, but I have been very picky about the pair I wanted and when I saw this pair today I knew this was the pair for my new collection.
Another view.
So now I want to show you what I did with the table I bought and we decided to keep it wood and NOT paint it!!!
Here is a couple of pictures of it..
So there you go. I will be tweaking here and there all week but that is the fun of it!
I also want to let you know that Tammy at The Primitive Place is doing another really fun swap to join. I joined it and I wanted to let you all know to go to her blog and check it out. Tammy ALWAYS does alot of fun things for us gals and I know I really enjoy them. Also the "GIFT JUST BECAUSE" the bonnet she sent me I posted that she made it she didn't it is an OLD VINTAGE BONNET, I am a very lucky girl to have such a great treasure and Tammy's friendship!
I hope you all have a great night and week and please be kind to each other.
Prim Blessings,
Tricia
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





What lucky day! It's true~sometimes when you take a simple day trip you can find treasures galore! I am so happy you didn't paint the table. It looks so lovely as it is. I love painted furniture but I think some pieces should remain as is. Beautiful stuff!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! You found some wonderful things!!! I love that crock! Beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteReally great finds, I love the crock and cabbage slicer. I have been in the mood to go tresure hunting myself. Its been a long winter and I am ready to take a day trip. Thanks for sharing your goodies. Vicky
ReplyDeleteWow Tricia, great finds indeed!! I have seen the large slicers but never one like that. A real find!! Love those baby shoes, I am on the lookout for the "perfect" pair myself.
ReplyDeleteI like the table too and all the other goodies. Such fun to find so many treasures.
Blessings,
Lorna
Wow, you found some awesome things! Love the crock and coverlet and the table you bought is so cool!
ReplyDeleteFabulous Finds Tricia! My favorite has to be the crock, I am desperate to get my hands on one!! I want to display some spring flowers in our gathering room and don't have any kind of vessel to put them in.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your trip out,
Have a good weekend,
Karen
What a good day of treasure hunting you had! The crock is so nice -- LOVE that! Everything else is wonderful, too. I went antiquing yesterday, too, but only found one little brown crock. I am very happy with it, but was hoping to find lots of treasures like you did! Some days are better than others..... and I'll try again soon. The search is half the fun!
ReplyDeleteHave a happy day!
Tricia loving that blue decorated crock.You found some great treasures with tons of history.The table looks like a old dough riser.Warm Blessings!~Amy
ReplyDeleteHi Tricia.........I see that you had another fun and productive day of antiquing.
ReplyDeleteI love that crock and the coverlet is so special too. Have a good week.
Linda
Tricia,
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great day with Mr. Hillcrest , some great finds . I love that new table am happy you decided to keep it as is! Have a great week
lil raggedy angie
Hi Tricia,
ReplyDeleteLOVE your new goodies.
That crock is beautiful.
Brett and I just got back from a shopping trip.
I also got an amazing antique coverlet yesterday.
I will be showing it off on my next blog post.
We were two lucky ladies!! LOL!!
Take Care,
Tam
wow Everything is so great. Everytime I look at all these pictures I see something else I need to add to my shopping/junking list to look for.
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing.
Kat
Wow great finds, I love it all! I think the table looks fine as is.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Very nice finds Tricia! Love the slaw cutter with the box! You don't see too many of those around. I've found a few without the box that have been pretty good prices but now I think I will hold out to find one like yours, that's awesome!
ReplyDeleteThat's a very nice coverlet also! I love buying antiques but I love even more when I know the "story" behind it. How wonderful for you and Mr. H to hear the stories about your nice finds!