Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter and my New Dry Sink!!!

Hi my Prims I first wanted to say to all of my follower's have a WONDERFUL and BLESSED Easter.
I wanted to share some pictures with you. Mr. Hillcrest and I bought a dry sink last week and it was white. Well, we didn't like the white so we decided to paint it but we crackle painted it. The first step is to put a coat of clear paint over the white and it is called All Cracked Up, made me laugh, LOL,LOL! No seriously that is really the name of the first clear coat paint. The second coat we picked was blue and then we changed the hardware to black and here is the result........Oh,I am still tweaking it. I am changing things up but I wanted this done for Easter day, for our family dinner.

I just love it. Here are a few more pictures. I think it completes the kitchen 100%.
another picture..
I am so happy the way it looks and how it came out. Do you all like the crackle look?? What do you all think?? Thanks for taking a peek!

As most of you read in the last post we are posting items in my shop but we are still working on it. I will let you all know when everything is posted, we thought it would be all done today but it isn't and do to the fact it is Easter weekend we are done for the day!

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and love one another and maybe give those few extra kisses and hugs to your loved ones.

Till next time
Easter Blessings,
Tricia

18 comments:

  1. Oh, that is just Prim heaven!! You did a wonderful job. Happy Easter to you and your family

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect addition to your beautiful home. Great job! Take Care & wishes for a happy, healthy Easter! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dry sink.
    You did a wonderful job.
    Your kitchen is so pretty.
    Heading back up to look again! ;)
    Happy Easter!
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easter Blessings Tricia, Love your dry sink. Thanks for sharing your photos.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Mr. Hillcrest did an awesome job! LOVE it!! (Would've liked to seen the "before" cuz it looks so good now it's hard to imagine it anything but primly perfect like this!) Beautiful kitchen Tricia!! Have a wonderfully blessed Easter! Hugs, Smiles & Blessings ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the crackle look! My sister and I did an old mantle for her with that look -- and it is wonderful. Your dry sink looks great in your kitchen -- you did a nice job with it!
    Have a blessed Easter....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tricia: Love the cracklin' paint job and the color. I really does complete your kitchen look. I just found you on Wendy's Cozy Yellow House. I invite you to check mine out and become a follower: http://theoldefarmhouse.blogspot.com and I hope you have a lovely day on Sunday.
    Prim Hugs, Joy Heading back up to become a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tricia I LOVE your new dry sink and you did a wonderful job painting it!!! I hope you and your family enjoys your Easter weekend! I sure did enjoy our talk the other day!!! We'll have to do it again soon.

    Happy Easter,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tricia~ The dry sink looks great.Love the crackle and blue.Hope you have a wonderful Easter with your family! Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tricia I love the dry sink! Someday I would love to come across one of those. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

    *hugs*
    Debbie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tricia,
    Just stopped by to wish you and your family a very Blessed Easter! I love the blue on the dry sink , looks great in your gorgeous home! hugs
    lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tricia - I love how your new dry sink came out! I have one I want to repaint over black, but I'm always confused about what to put on it. After seeing yours I think I need some kind of cabinet or shelf above.
    Enjoy!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tricia, the Dry sink looks great, you did a really nice job. I hope your easter was wonderful
    sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!! You have a beautiful home. We have the same dining room set! I'm going to paint the chairs & pedastool base black though I think. Thanks again for checking out my blog,I did post pics of the candies & cakes!! ~Kriss~

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful piece for your kitchen! I love the color you used.
    Hope you and your family had a lovely Easter together!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tricia, I'm a bit late on visiting blogs...sorry!!!

    Gosh your dry sink looks awesome. Great team work there!
    And the entire area is gorgeous...such little gatherings here and there.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tricia, your new dry sink looks wonderful. I love how you have it decorated already and must chuckle at all us that just can't wait to finish a project so we can decorate with it. I get very impatient when paint is drying.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's beautiful Tricia! You have a lot of browns in your home like me. The blue really pops, doesn't it? I love it! I have painted small pieces with crackle but I've never attempted big things. I'm always afraid I'm going to mess it up by going back over it again after that first stroke, haha! The blue over white is a good choice!

    ReplyDelete