Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just a Fun Post

Hi my Prims,
Well April 1st came with 6 inches of snow and I took some of these pictures and I hope these will be that LAST pictures of SNOW I take. I do have to say it did melt fast.....thank goodness!

This picture is in our yard. I was driving Matthew to school and thank you Mr. Hillcrest for buying me my 4 wheel drive!

This picture is going down our street! I hope this is the last of the snow we will be getting!

Well, my Birthday is coming up...April 15 and I will be 24 years old, ONLY kidding. I will be 43 years old. So our oldest was home for the weekend but with friends,and our youngest was having a sleepover at his friends house. Mr. Hillcrest said come on let's go take a ride. So of course I was thinking prim/colonial shops here we come, WRONG. MY WODERFUL MIL that is not with us anymore always bought me a Vera Bradley purse for my Birthday and she and I ALWAYS bought the same one and she would say we are twins. Well, Mr. Hillcrest kept that tradition going bless his heart. I said it isn't my Birthday yet and he said so what I want to take my beautiful wife out and I want you to get the purse, wallet and make-up bag to match! First I have to say BEAUTIFUL........my Hubby needs to wear his glasses not just for reading , LOL, LOL! I could be green with stripes and my Hubby would say I am BEAUTIFUL. He is a great man.
Here is what I picked out....
my wallet.....
My make-up bag.
I love pink and alot of you already know that pink is my FAVORITE color.
Then we came home and did some things around the house and Hubby said come on we are taking a ride.....WHAT?WHERE?

Hubby took me out for mexican food, YUMMY!
The nacho's are YUMMO!
This salsa is SO HOT that you sweat, I DON'T have that but Mr. Hillcrest does. The HOTTER the BETTER for him I don't know how you can enjoy your food when your mouth and throat are burning, LOL, it is NOT for me!. I get heartburn after I eat there and I have mild mexican food, so thank goodness for tums!!!!!!!
This is what I got and you get hot wraps and make your own sft taco wrap, YUMMY! Shrimp, YUMMY for my TUMMY!!!!!

Then I asked could I wear that hat, I bring my camrea EVERYWHERE so Hubby took a picture of me with the hat.....
I didn't like the picture but what the hay!!!!

Here is my HANDSOME Hubby.......
We had a great time. We are always together and Hubby will say this is how it will be when our sons graduate College and they are on their own, with their own families. He is truly my Best Friend and Soul Mate!
I love you Mr. Hillcrest! XOXOX

Now I did make a peach cobbler here are a few pictures and it was a hit.
The next picture is when it came out of the oven and it was so good and it made the house smell soooo good.
Well, that is it for now. It was just a fun and laid back, easy going post!
On my side bar you will see York is having a FUN giveaway. Click onto the Primitive Bear and it will take you to her blog and it is a FUN contest. You have to name the Primitive bear! So, go on over and join in!!!!!!


Til next time my Prims.
Be kind to one another.
Prim and Spring Blessings,
Tricia

21 comments:

  1. Ohhh, what a sweet Hubby you have!! That Mexican food looks yummy!! I like the throat burning stuff too.8-) Hope you are done with snow. We are having warm days but lots of wind and no rain, which we need.
    Have a great day!!
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia, The snow pic. are beautiful, but am sure you have had enough. Sending Spring weather your way. So sweet of dear hubby. And such a blessing to have had that kind of relationship with your mother-in-law. Love your purse and accessories and your meal looked wonderful. So did your peach pie. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday a little early! That sounds like a nice time! I am sorry you all had snow, ours is melted for the most part, and I hope it stays that way!
    Have a great week.
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow pictures looked beautiful...but not in April. Mother Nature is all mixed up I'm afraid. I love Mexican food too..and I'm sure yours was great! Hope you have a great birthday! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tricia.............wonderful pictures.
    My DD's have been taking turns giving me VB purses each year for Mother's Day......I love them too.
    I'm with you on the Tums.
    A Happy Early Birthday wish for you!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tricia, if that's you're pre-birthday treat, I wonder what's in store for you're real birthday!LOL! How sweet of your honey ~ you're a lucky woman!
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a yummy post Tricia! Looking at all that wonderful food while sitting here drinking my first cup of coffee and I'm now ready for breakfast! LOL
    We love Mexican food and my hub has to have it a few times a month. The snow pics were beautiful and I too hope it's done for the season. How thoughtful of your hub to carry on the gift giving from his mom! Love your choice also. Hope you are having a wonderful week.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet hubby you have! The food looks yummy.We don't have any good restraunts local.We went from 70's to 30's again.I think spring forgot to wake up this year..smile..Your goodies are on the way sweetie.Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tricia !

    You look sweet and gorgeous in that hat and young !

    What a wonderful dh you have ! If you could clone him... you would make millions !

    Your purse set is pretty ! and what a nice tradition to carry on !

    Mexican food isn't quite my cup of tea anymore.. my body doesn't care for it , but it looks good.

    I will take a piece of that peach cobbler, though ! LOL

    Happy Birthday coming up !

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tricia ,
    the snow is beautiful but I too am so sick of it ! Mr Hillcrest is a great guy and I love that he kept the tradition going and I love the new purse and accessories. I had to giggle at you in the sombrero though , sorry . My dad takes me for mexican for my bday every year and he thinks it so fun to put the hat on my head and have them sing to me ! ugg Enjoy your day . Thanks for sharing your special day out.
    hugs
    lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are just adorable in that sombrero!! I love Mexican food myself, your food makes me hungry! ;)
    Happy early Birthday!! Your purse and goodies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for entering my giveaway and I am happy to have you as a follower...Good Luck and I LOVE your blog !!!

    Margie at Hungry Hook Primitives

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well dear girl I knew you were spoiled (IN A GOOD WAY) but this is just the CAKE! What a sweet man you have there to carry on a very special tradition...and that Mexican food...oh my gosh...it's awesome looking!!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tricia,

    Love your blog. Thank you for the kind comment on mine.:) My Hubby and I love collecting vintage items. He has his vintage forestry, my son loves farming items, and I collect just about everything else! ;) I will be turning 43 in July and my Hubby will be 49 on the 28th of this month. Our son is 20 and finishing his second year of college.

    How lucky! Celebrating your B-day already. You and Mr Hillcrest make a wonderful couple. Love the hat! Isn't life wonderful? We are all truly blessed.

    Warm Wishes

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tricia,
    So glad you stopped by my blog. I too love meeting new bloggers.
    You had my kind of birthday meal~Mexican~my favorite and nothing wrong with celebrating early.
    That peach pie looks yummy and the snow...well it's awful pretty to look at but at this point I'm tired of seening it.
    We are patiently waiting for summer to be here.
    Have a great day!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there and thank you for stopping by my place. I am following you back. Now....you have me starving after seeing all of that food. Mexican is one of my favorites and I don't get it often because hubby has stomach issues. He would inhale that peach cobbler, tho. I will be back over soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tricia, it's so nice to meet you and I love the pic with the hat even if you aren't too crazy about it. I love your blog and so happy to make new friends! I agree with everyone else the snow is great but OMG! in April? No way! I'll take my southern snow that only stays a day anytime over snow in April.
    Don't tell my hubby that you make peach cobbler or he'd be at your doorstep in a matter of minutes. He tells everyone that He's A Pie Man living with the Queen of Cookies.
    What a wonderful tradition of the VB purse and so sweet of your hubby to continue that special tradition for you. He's quite a guy.
    I'd love to take part in your birthday swap to help you celebrate that special day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving comment. I am having fun browsing your blog.
    Looks like we have the same taste in design for the VB, my first purchase, of many more Vera's,lol
    Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just stopped by to say hello and hope that all is going well for you and the family. Love your sombrero and your new washer and dryer. Don't you just love doing laundry with a new washer and dryer?
    Hugs and blessings
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your snow pictures are beautiful! It's always so much easier to enjoy when you get to stay in a warm home and not have to get out in it!

    Aw, how very sweet of Mr. Hillcrest to carry on such a nice tradition. You sure have a keeper there girl, but you already knew that! Oh my, all that Mexican food looks so very, very yummy! Happy belated Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete