Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gifts, Pictures, & much more!

Hi my Prims,

I want to tell each and very one of my wonderful follower's have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Hubby came home and surprised me with a card and my FAVORITE chocolates, truffles, YUMMO!

I made a pull pork in my awesome crockpot and a salad to go with it.

Then this morning I put in a CD"Kenny G" and I made red velvet cupcakes and homemade frosting and I colored the frosting pink and added a sweetheart candy on top.
For my 3 sweethearts in my life...




YUMMY, I did it and I had one to make sure they came out good, I have to say I nailed it. They came out GREAT!

Now here is some goodies my sweet dear friend sent me, Angie A lil Raggedy Angie.
She is like a little sis to me. We talk all the time and she has been so supportive, loving and caring with everything I have been going through( with my health). She is a TRUE friend and I am very blessed to have Angie in my life.
Angie I love ya girlie!
Well she knows I have been collecting molds and I am also collecting the two sided molds as well, but Angie went to a thrift shop and found these molds for me and she also put a few more goodies in my box.
Here are the first 2 she sent me a few weeks ago and I already posted them on my blog BUT here is where I put them! Now, here is 3 more that she sent my way!

Angie even made me prim hearts for my theme tree and she made Ken and I this pillow tuck....

Oh Angie, thank you so much.
Also some chocolates.

Here is where I put my pillow tuck, in our love nest Mr. Hillcrest calls it...

Here is my prim hearts on my theme tree. They REALLY made my tree complete!




I LOVE everything and the extra goodies that you made me with love, thank you my little sista!

Here is one of the books Mr. Hillcrest ordered for me"One Thousand Gifts" I started reading it last night and it is an amazing book so far. I highly recommend this book.

Today I received my other Tasha Tudor book...DROOLING!

"Forever Christmas" Here are some pictures I took for you all to see the inside...













Tasha always made her wreaths with boxwood and the ribbons were her parents when the got married and she kept them just for her wreaths.

 Then Tasha would put homemade candles on them and she would place one above the old farmhouse table.


This is a picture in her book that she did in water colors and this is how it would look in her homestead.
BEAUTIFUL book.
I can't wait to get my video that Mr. Hillcrest ordered me of her homestead in Vermont at Christmas.

Here are a few more pictures I took of our homestead kitchen.





Here are some prim carrots that I put in my wooden bowl.



Also my collection of some of my baskets...

I am making new curtains for this huge kitchen window when I have the energy.

I put up my old flags in my hallway window that when you look in there it is my office and my cozy chair and I call it my 1800 room. Very peaceful and relaxing.



The next picture I did post before but my blue jar collection that you see, there are 3 in the middle that are very old and we bought them when we were in Tennessee. We had them shipped. It was an antique shop, Ma and Pop's and they were so sweet, I remember we stayed there for about 2 hours just talking to them and enjoying the stories they were telling us about the history of Tennessee. Ma and Pop asked if we would like some sweet tea, but we just said oh no thank you we have our water bottles, because the boys were with us and we ALWAYS said NEVER take drinks or food from people you don't know or if you are at a dance and you leave your soda buy another one because it is sad but someone could put something in your drink and you would never know till later. Our children learn from US their parents! You have to be good examples for your children because they watch everything you do.

So there you go, I was happy to do this post and again Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.
My hubby and I always say we are each other's Valentine EVERYDAY, not just on this day!

Till next time
Give lots of hugs and kisses to your loved ones
and always say to them"I LOVE YOU"!!!

Valentine Blessings,
Tricia XO

19 comments:

  1. Happy Vday, Tricia! I love all the goodies Angie sent you, how sweet! Your Vday Cuppies look great and that pulled pork! You must share the recipe for that pork....looks yummy. Can you visit the Homestead featured in the book? I love the New England States and all the Villages and Homesteads....have a great evening and hope your feeling strong:) Hugs..K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I could tast thru the computer. Red velvet is my favorite! Those cupcakes look delicious! Love your gifts from Angie. What a sweet friend. Love the pictures of your home. So nice and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you would like 1000 gifts when you got it. I am on a waiting list in our library system for Tasha Tudor books, just from your pictures they looks so awesome! Glad you had a good Valentine's day! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were a busy bee making those yummy goodies! Angie is so sweet and thoughtful to send you those lovely gifts:) Love seeing the pictures of your home, wish mine was as nice but my kids and pets would have things broken and chewed in no time, lol. Have a fantastic day!
      hugs, Trish

      Delete
  5. The cupcakes look so yummy.Yes Angie is a sweetie.I love the corn mold I could think of some neat creations with it.Hope you are doing well.Keeping you in prayer.Big Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That'a a wonderful post! I love your pictures! I hafd a nice 'visit" here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous display~Looks like a terrific Valentines day
    Hugs & prayers
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. You home is lovely! I love all your prim decor. I especially love your Valentine tree.....so cute! You had a very blessed Valentine's Day....Blessings for today too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tricia , you know Im here for ya alwyas but quit being all sappy gonna make me cry :0) <3 ya ! Love your new books and the homestead looks fab as always ! have a great day and kudos to Kenny for great valentines hes such a good hubby!hugs lilraggedyangie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Afternoon Tricia Friend
    Sounds like you had the very best Valentine's ever! Your homestead kitchen is beautiful. Oh the love everywhere. What a sweetie is Angie.
    I can't wait to get my Tasha book. Yours are wonderful.
    Love & Hugs
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I saw, GORGEOUS!! I wanna see your office, your 1800's room!! Whine, beg, cajole...
    Tasha Tudor Christmas book, yum! Hey, I sorta
    look like her. You nailed it with the red velvet cupcakes, I love the little conversation heart in the frosting!
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I'm the adopted big sis, does that mean Angie is my little sis, too?
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Knock, knock-
    I made a typo, I meant to write Can I SAY
    sorry, my fingers get ahead of my brain.
    How are you doing today, cookie!
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are lucky...in many ways...to have 3 special people to make cupcakes for and to have a such a dear friend! Your pictures are rally fun to look at.
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tricia, I went to the library and checked out some books on Tasha Tudor today. Thanks for sharing your love of the with us. I can't wait to go through them all. What fun to have cupcakes. I loooooveee cake so much. Your tree is beautiful. I am so happy that you have Angie in you life too:) -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just passed The Versatile Award onto you! Come on by to accept if you wish.
    If you’re not interested, no problem. Just ignore this message…it will soon self-destruct!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your photos of your house are so lovely! The book looks like something I would love to read as well. Your Valentine's Day meal looks so good! Hope you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So I am a little behind in posting on your lovely blog. I just love your kitchen. You need to come to my house and help me decorate. I am still decorating my kitchen, yours is just beauitful. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete