Friday, February 10, 2012

Spring,Easter displays and New books by Tasha Tudor

Hi my Prims,
I wanted to share some displays of Spring and Easter. Also Mr. Hillcrest ordered me some awesome books from amazon and a Christmas video and it is all by Tasha Tudor. I took some pictures inside one of her books so you can see.
Well here are some displays that I was able to do. I do get very tired very quickly but I was able to get some things done.

Here is some pictures, WARNING, it is a very heavy picture post.
I hope you all enjoy the pictures.
My stove board, I put prim eggs and carrots in my yellow ware bowl,the tea pot was a Christmas gift from Mr. Hillcrest.
A close up shot.

Some more prim eggs and I put this bowl on top of my firkins.

Again some really prim eggs in another yellow ware bowl. This hutch this summer will be filled with our canned goods that we will be canning. We are going to can blueberry jam, tomatoes, relish, green beans, strawberry jam, peaches and pickles made with cucumbers! I am very excited to do this. I am very blessed that my hubby loves everything that I love, like antique shopping together, canning together and watching our favorite shows together. I am one lucky gal.

Here is my bunny and small lamb that my friend Dana sent me last year when we did a swap together and in my last post she also sent me the bigger one and the lamb is in a basket! LOVE THEM!

Here is a prim tuck that I got from a friend years ago, "Think Spring"  I am!

Here is my chocolate prim bunny and I put an egg next to him.

This screams SPRING!



Here is a picture of my prim chick...


I love this prim doll that says welcome, it was a swap gift years ago by Lady Morgan. She is very talented. I always remember when I win a giveaway or do a swap with a friend I always remember who sent them to me because it means a lot.

Here is my prim bunny and my yellow ware egg.

My little tree with some tiny eggs.
Here is what is under this table..


Our mantle and do you see the bunny rabbit, I received him years ago from a very talented lady.
He is very special so he is in a special spot. Here is a close up shot of him...



A beautiful tuck pillow.

This fabulous mouse is on our Grandfather clock. A lot of detail and we just love him. About 3 years ago Mr. Hillcrest and I were trying to find just the perfect mouse for our Grandfather clock and when I told a friend about our search she said she makes them and we ordered one from her. She really out did herself!!

My collection of the old blue jars and my coffee grinder.

Now I want to let of you gals now about this wonderful woman Tasha Tudor. I know a few of you know her work. She has a lot of books out including children's books and video's of her homestead in Vermont that her son built for her. Tasha was born in Boston, Mass.
Tasha also has a few cook books out as well.
Mr. Hillcrest ordered me "The Private World of Tasha Tudor" and ordered me "Forever Christmas"
and "Tasha Tudor Heirloom Crafts", I have this book already and took a few pictures from the book so you all could see how wonderful it is. Then he ordered me "Tasha Tudor Garden" and then a video called
"Take Joy The Magical World of Tasha Tudor", the next video I want to get is "Take Peace A Corgi Cottage Christmas with Tasha Tudor" and you all know I LOVE, LOVE Christmas. So I have a lot of books coming my way. I am so excited.
My hubby also ordered me a book that a lot of gals on the blog have been talking about it is called
"One Thousands Gifts" I didn't get it yet but I can't wait!!!!!!
Also this book called 'A Vermont Christmas" by Richard Brown. It sounds wonderful.
So I will have A LOT of reading to do,and with all these doctor appts. it will be nice to take one of the books with me.
THANK YOU MY LOVE for ordering me these books for me and the video of Tasha that I really want and I can't wait to GET IT!

So here is some pictures of the one book I did get today of Tasha Tudor.

ENJOY, and remember if you want to order any of these go to amazon.







This is one of her granddaughter.

You can she her in her long red coat walking through the snow in Vermont with her doggies.In her homestead she had 2 open fireplaces!!!!




Tasha loved to quilt, knit, cook and bake!

Here is another one of her open fireplaces!

I told Mr.Hillcrest when we build our dream home in Tennessee I want one open fireplace in our kitchen and then a fireplace in the great room with glass. We have 8 more years to go and we are breaking ground and I CAN"T wait!!!!! Right in the mountains!!WOOOHOOO!!!!


Just so beautiful, I hope you really enjoyed the pictures. Tasha passed away in 2008 at the age of 92, she lived the simply life to the fullest!

Now I want to show you a giveaway that I won from Janice and you can see her blog here at http://primsbythewater.blogspot.com/  it is 3 peppermint sticks for Valentine's Day! I am going to have Mr. Hillcrest make a prim label and I will glue it to a mason jar and put them in the jar. Here they are..


Here is a close up shot so you can read the cute saying on them...

"The candy you fall in love with"  Thank you Janice for my giveaway!

So there you go my Prims, I warned you it was a heavy picture post. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Till next time love your love ones,
Give them extra hugs and kisses,
and extra I LOVE YOU's. Life is
short and live it to the FULLEST!
Don't let the little stuff bother you!
Laugh and smile it is the best medication
you will ever have!!

Prim Blessings,
Tricia XO

9 comments:

  1. Everything looks amazing!!!! I am so ready for spring!!! Inspiring!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tricia...Loved the pics, so glad to see your post! Hope your feeling better...what an amazing life Tasha must have lived and during the harsh winters in VT. I dont think I would survive the Winters now! have a great weekend, my friend!! Hugs, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your spring and Easter decor ~ you did a wonderful job ~ so prim perfect!!!
    The book looks like an interesting read.
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlfriend your home looks so spring ready. What love you put into placing each prim wonderful thing. Great job. Oh I love Tasha Tuder. My brother and sis in law gave me a amazon gift card for my birthday I am going to have to get that book. It looks beautiful. And your home in Ten sounds like it is going to be amazing. Love fires! Have a wonderful weekend.
    Love & Hugs Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tricia,
    Wow, I thought you were finished decorating for Spring...your last post was beautiful...and even more pretty things.
    Isn't it great to have husband who is in tune with you...I'm very blessed as well.
    What beautiful Tasha photos...I've seen photos here and there but not any of her books.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Karen, it you go to amazon you will find her books. She even has cookbooks, not just pictures. I wrote down all the book my hubby bought me so they are there on amazon!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tricia, this was a most beautiful post. I love how you have invited Spring into your home. The little touches here and there are so beautiful. Thanks for the spread on Tasha Tudor. We all need someone to look up too. The open fire places are so nostolgic. I can't wait to read her books. Your DH has been very good to order such wonderful reads for you. How fun to have a dream home to look forward to. I am so happy for you. -Steph- p.s. I discovered Eva Cassidy about 7 years ago when we were in a little shop on the Oregon Coast. I had to special order her cd because I could'nt find it anywhere local. She makes me cry for her music is so beautiful. Glad to find a friend who loves her too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a fabulous blog Just love it and Tasha Tudor
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tricia, thank you for visiting my blog and your sweet comment too. This was a treat stopping by here and seeing all your lovely pictures...especially on the cold snowy day we had here today.Take care

    ReplyDelete