Friday, July 27, 2012

Phase 3 of our Homestead!

Hi my Prims,
Here is phase 3 of our Homestead.

In a comment Karen(Colonial Home) thought they were taking down our siding but I will show you the wooden shakes they took off and the new siding that looks just like wooden shakes.......Thsi is just for you Karen, LOL!!!!

The left side is the wooden shakes being taken off on the right side is the new siding, doesn't it look like wooden shakes? LOVE IT!

Here is the colonial color we picked!This is the NEW siding being put up!

Here is more of the new siding and around the window's they framed it out and then they are casting them all in the accent color.
They have a long way to go!

The new roof.
It is max def and just love it!


Here are some of my flower's in front of our deck.









They are also going to paint the deck. It is going to look like a brand new home.
Then after all this we have 2 bathrooms downstairs and up stairs is where our sons rooms are and the one room up there is already with plumbing is already there and we are going to do a bathroom just for them. Which I love but 3 bathrooms to clean, not so much!!!LOL!

The above pic. is our bow window in the livingroom.


Hubby and I went blueberry picking this morning to get away for a few hours.
Every year I make blueberry jam, blueberry pie and I have a new blueberry cake that I will be making and posting step by step and posting the recipe, you are ALL going to LOVE this blueberry cake, I make it in a bunit pan.
Will be coming soon.

Here is the love of my life and he enjoys picking berries every year with me. I am very blessed to have a wonderful husband like him in my life.

They are so big, juicy and yummy!


This is when I started out.
We picked over 18 pound of blueberries!!!!!!!
I have alot of canning to do and baking.
I am also going to be canning fresh farm tomatoes for my homemade spagetti sauce and we are going to can
for the first time pickles, and salsa.
So I hope you enjoyed is alittle bit of our life at our Homestead!!!!!

Love your loved one's and always let them know.
Life is short, so live EVERY day to the fulliest!!!!!

Summer Blessings to all of my Prims friends,
Tricia XO













12 comments:

  1. Your new siding is GORGEOUS!!!! I've never seen siding like that.....I LOVE it!!! You know I LOVE blueberries so I'm looking forward to some homemade jam. haha

    Big Hugs,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Friend,
    Beautiful.
    You are blessed with a wonderful husband.
    I love baking and canning.
    Hope you share the blueberry cake recipe.
    have a wonderful weekend with your family.
    Love & JOY
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the new siding! I have never seen anything like it. You are going to have a Beautiful house when all finished. I never heard of Blueberry jam. I bet it is Yummy! Have a wonderful weekend!

    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia the house is coming along beautifully ! Love it ! Looks like you and Ken had a great day in the blueberry patch ...hope you are enjoying your summer ! hugs lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, Tricia~ love the new siding( great choice)~your gardens look beautiful~
    enjoy your summertime days~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tricia:

    The house is looking awesome!!! Love the siding. Wow...you certainly will have a wonderful variety of goodes for this winter when you are done canning. Lots of work, I know, but yummy!!! You will be so glad you did all this work when the cost of everything goes sky high because of the drought this year.

    hugs and smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is going to be a show place when they get done! I sure do like the siding and the windows, too!

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home looks so beautiful!
    Mmmmmm blueberry jam and cake sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh Tricia - I love that siding! Can't wait to see the finished job. I bet you are just so tickled! I can see you now...ooh-ing and ahh-ing!
    My dear hubby loves to pick berries too! We are two lucky gals! Someday I hope we get to personally meet and share stories.
    Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That siding is so awesome!! I think the color is really nice. Isn't berry picking so much fun. I wish we had blueberries around here. I have to buy them at the store and they are sooo expensive. We pick huckleberries in the mountains here. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is going and looking great but I bet you can't wait for it to be done!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, it's all coming together so wonderfully...so very Colonial.
    Gorgeous plantings.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete